Magenta are looking for a Control Officer Senior Team Manager to work for a Fresh Produce Provider based in Hertfordshire. The role is to support the daily progress and accuracy of all administrative and system duties that support the everyday running of warehouse operation. Motivate, lead and develop Control Office Team Leaders and Operatives to deliver auditable administration and functional control of stock pick released including daily shortage handling
- Annual salary circa £35k
- Annual pay reviews
- 28 days, increasing to 33 days with service which is inclusive of Bank Holidays.
- Retail Discount membership.
- Health Care Cash Plan membership.
- Stakeholder Pension
- Further company tailored benefits achieved through service and commitment.
45 hours per week – 5 over 7 days per week (Sunday to Friday
Core Hours 9.00am to 6.00pm but a flexible approach to hours’ is essential as there will be occasions when it is necessary to work additional hours as dictated by the workload and management engagement activities. This will include team management activities with the evening and night team.
- Lead and develop continuous improvement activity in your area of responsibility in the delivery of operational excellence in line with business requirements.
- Take ownership of department KPI’s, ensuring targets are fully met through the management and monitoring of teams performance
- Develop and manage performance and service level compliance measures within your department to ensure agreed site SLA’s are achieved
- Manage and control team costs to ensure team utilisation is fully achieved (overtime, agency use, headcount and absence)
- Direct line supervision of the Control Office shift operatives
- Maintenance of daily shift rotas to ensure full task cover
- Auditable control of all office administration
- Daily monitoring of critical timings for pick and load schedule progression
- Highlighting operational process bottlenecks daily to shift managers
- Proven experience as a Leader/Manager in a Warehouse Facility.
- Organisational skills and management of results
- Coaching & development of teams
- Ability to effectively allocate & maximise resource
- A self-starter with a hands-on, pragmatic approach
- Ability to delegate, remain in control and follow up issues as necessary