Our client, a bulk food processor who is passionate about sustainability seeks to appoint a Technical Manager to manage a small Quality and Laboratory team and lead the delivery and maintenance of standards and processes required to meet all legal, regulatory and compliance standards. They are looking for someone with Senior Technical / Quality experience in a large-scale Food Manufacturing Business (eg commodities, bulk products, industrial food products) rather than from a prepared foods background.
Leading the Technical Team, responsibilities for the role will include:
- Developing and maintaining the Quality Management System to current BRCGS and customer standards
- Leading the delivery and maintenance of standards and processes required to meet all legal, regulatory and compliance standards (FSA, TSO, EHO, BRCGS, CLAS, HACCP)
- Leading and developing customer facing relationships to ensure customer audits run smoothly and all accreditations are progressed as required
- Ensuring continual adherence to all agreed food hygiene and safety standards
- Maintaining of critical control points, PRP’s, traceability and allergen management system ensuring that all employees are complying with procedures and verify that paperwork is checked and completed correctly
- Responsible for ensuring the onsite laboratory is well run and meeting required standards
- Responsible for analysing laboratory results, identifying trends and reporting deviations
Essential / Desirable skills and experience include:
- Experience with large scale food manufacturing operating at Technical Manager level.
- Need to have come from a “bulk” environment such as milling, oil, sugar, glucose syrup, malt
- Extensive experience leading customer and 3rd party audits.
- Experience of managing an on-site chemistry laboratory
- Knowledge of and experience implementing UK Food Safety Law.
- Experience undertaking supplier inspections.
- Qualified to at least degree level in a food related subject.
- Formal HACCP training (at least level 3)
- Lead Assessor Auditor trained
- Auditor training (Lead Assessor preferred)
- Sustainability is important to the company; the facility is powered by renewable energy and the production methods result in zero waste; Big performance with a small footprint.
- Small, dynamic and enthusiastic team, proud of championing UK farming and healthy eating in a sustainable way.
- Greenfield production facility
- Attracts employees with a can-do attitude with ambition and creative thinking
- The company culture suits candidates who are proactive and flexible, with the commitment and drive to help drive the business forward
The role offers a competitive salary of £50-£60k commensurate with experience and will be a Monday to Friday site based role. If you have Technical Management experience in Food Commodities / Bulk Foodstuffs and have had responsibility for a Laboratory then this could be the role for you!
If this sounds like you, please apply AS SOON AS POSSIBLE quoting reference number JJ-P4567 with an updated CV, an indication of your current salary and your availability.