Are you our missing ingredient?
DFI Leeds manufactures high quality, highly functional soft and liquid cheese and our customer base and range of end product applications is growing rapidly. It’s a BRC AA grade, highly automated site which is benefiting from a multi-million-pound capital investment programme to support our growth agenda and in order to remain at the forefront of a highly competitive and fast-moving market.
Engineering support is vital to ensure production downtime is minimized, machine performance is continually enhanced, and improved efficiencies are achieved on the line. DFI Leeds is a manufacturing facility with complex plant and equipment requiring dedicated engineering support to prevent and troubleshoot machine issues as they arise.
We now have a vacancy for an additional Shift Engineer to join the Leeds engineering team on rotating shifts of 5am-2pm / 11pm-8pm Monday to Friday with weekend cover. Reporting into the Engineering Manager, you will play a key role as part of the Engineering team in the proactive, reactive and corrective maintenance activity required to ensure continuous production.
As a Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer, your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Electrical & Mechanical preventative and reactive maintenance on machinery and equipment
- Ensure that equipment is fit for purpose on a daily basis and attend breakdowns as necessary
- Document and monitor all line downtime and breakdowns
- Ensure a robust shift handover, report issues to be prioritised
- Ensure critical issues are raised to minimise disruption to operational performance
- Complete routine fault finding and assist with PLC programming; participate in SCADA/PLC training to provide cover
- Assist production with machine setup and train on basic machine activity
- Control contractors on site, completing permits to work and relevant documentation
- Ensure plant and equipment is operated and operating in the correct manner in line with H&S
- Ensure housekeeping standards are maintained and all activity complies with H&S procedures
- Re-order spare parts and materials to ensure that stock levels are maintained
- Work on capital projects and implement changes to equipment
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for an Electrically biased Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer, with significant post apprenticeship experience and an Engineering qualification in Electrical and / or Mechanical maintenance. You will have manufacturing industry experience, ideally FMCG, Packaging or Food. You will have extensive skills in relation to Electrical Systems, Electrical Control, Fault finding and Mechanical Engineering. You’ll also have experience of PLC’s and pneumatics and ideally will have some experience of lean manufacturing and continuous improvement techniques.
Proactive with high levels of initiative and a drive to resolve problems quickly and efficiently, you will be comfortable working independently or as part of a team. A clear and professional communicator you will work well with colleagues at all levels and across all disciplines to ensure the smooth running of the site.
The position offers an attractive basic salary, performance bonus and contributory pension scheme. If you are a proactive, organised and enthusiastic team player who is interested in developing your skills in a growing team then look no further. To find out more visit www.dairygoldfoodingredients.com and to apply send your details to Layla Javady, HR Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org