Position: Quality Assurance Technician
Based: Haddenham, United Kingdom
This role is responsible for the set up and maintenance of Quality Data and Systems in accordance with the requirements of defined methods and procedures, and to carry out sampling and analytical testing of materials and environmental tests in accordance with the requirements of defined, methods and procedures.
To be an active member within the QA team to achieve the designated Quality goals and objectives, whilst maintaining compliance to company, third party and customer standards.
- Conduct sampling and analysis of raw materials, work in progress and finished products in order to verify that materials meet all required quality and functionality parameters
- Assist the co-ordination of samples including environmental swabs to external laboratories for testing to ensure timely and accurate results
- Use product and analytical knowledge / experience to assist with timely pass, fail and concession decisions as appropriate to meet business needs, whilst still maintaining integrity of department
- Assist with the investigation of non-conformances / customer complaints and contribute to the identification and implement of corrective actions to prevent re-occurrence
- Ensure adherence to appropriate policies and procedures (including GLP, GMP, H&S to achieve and maintain department to company, third party and customer standards
- Ensure accurate and timely maintenance of appropriate information systems (QA data such as Inspection plans, methods, procedures, calibrations, SAP) to ensure the effective performance of the department and compliance to regulatory, customer and third-party requirements
- Carry out sampling and analysis of materials and environmental swabs in accordance with company defined procedures and methods to produce timely and accurate analytical results
- Support continuous improvement and workplace efficiency programmes and initiatives promoting growth in Haddenham Operations
- Participate in cover for daily activity of laboratory as required to ensure laboratory tasks are completed in accordance with deadlines, including the participation in QA tasting panels and providing C of A’s to internal and external customers
- University degree in Chemistry/Food Science/Food Technology or related field preferred.
- Previous laboratory experience preferred.
- Good working knowledge of SAP or similar data management systems would be an advantage.
- Must be able to work on own initiative as well as part of a team .
- Willing and capable to learn new skills.
- Must be proactive to acquire the skills needed to resolve problems, initiate change and to drive continuous improvement to enhance the existing laboratory programme.
At McCormick, we bring our passion for flavor to work each day. We encourage growth, respect everyone's contributions and do what's right for our business, our people and our planet.
Founded in Baltimore, MD in 1889 in a room and a cellar by 25-year-old Willoughby McCormick with three employees, McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With 12,400 employees around the world and more than $5 Billion in annual sales, the Company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and flavors to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures, food service businesses and consumers
While our global headquarters are in the Baltimore, Maryland, USA area, McCormick operates and serves customers in 150 countries and territories in Asia-Pacific, China, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and the Americas with recognized brands including Schwartz.
At McCormick, we have over a culture based on our “Power of People” principle. This principle fosters an unusually dedicated workforce requiring a culture of respect, ethics and integrity and growth.
If you are looking for a new challenge and want to join a highly motivated team with a passion for flavour, then please apply via our careers centre at http://www.mccormickcorporation.com/Career-Center (job req.n° 91739).
Agencies: McCormick as needed will work with external recruitment vendors through our Agency Portal. Unless previously contacted, McCormick does not accept unsolicited resumes from external recruiting agencies.
McCormick is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.