Production and Warehouse Manager
Are you our missing ingredient?
DFI Leeds manufactures high quality, highly functional soft and liquid cheese and our customer base and range of end product applications is growing rapidly. It’s a BRC A grade, highly automated site which has benefited from a multi-million-pound capital investment programme to support our growth agenda and in order to remain at the forefront of a highly competitive and fast-moving market.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Production and Warehouse Manager to support the growth of the business. You will be responsible for a team of 3 Coordinators including a small team of operatives, working over 6 days. A total output of 200t per week, you will ensure delivery against all operational KPI’s including labour, waste, OEE, pick and dispatch. You will support and drive operational improvements and contribute to cost saving initiatives and ensure a disciplined approach is adapted in all production activity, addressing non-conformances as required.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Manage all shift requirements in line with Engineering, H&S, Cost and Quality standards.
- Report on shift performance and costs, implementing corrective actions as required.
- Lead shift communication through daily and weekly meetings and effective visual management.
- Work with Planning to ensure plan fulfilment, output and quality and OTIF delivery
- Lead and coach to ensure effective support of shift teams; ensure training records, compliance with procedure, absence and performance management is monitored
- Monitor product quality and ensure compliance with technical and GMP standards. Support audits and customer visits as required.
- Ensure compliance with all Oracle system requirements to maintain accurate financial data.
- Support CI projects, ensuring delivery within time, cost and resource constraints.
Who are we looking for?
A ‘hands-on’ Manager you’ll have relevant FMCG food, experience in a highly automated Plc environment. Whilst dairy would be a distinct advantage it’s not essential, what you will have though is a strong bias towards manufacturing process with some experience of liquid transfer, providing you with an understanding of pumps, valves and the complexities of moving product.
It is essential that you are system orientated, with experience of Oracle/ERP/WMS or similar and you will evidence using these internal systems to maintain accurate records, interrogate performance data and develop more effective reporting. Experience of Continuous Improvement approaches including 5S, Visual Management, Problem Solving and One Point Lessons would be ideal, demonstrating your ability to lead and develop your team to get the best possible results.
As Production and Warehouse Manager you will be confident and highly experienced at managing operational teams, with a high level of responsibility for all operational day to day decisions. You will be personable and committed to upholding values and behaviours to ensure a high performing, professional team.
The position offers an attractive basic salary, performance bonus and contributory pension scheme. If you are a proactive, organised and enthusiastic team player who is interested in developing your skills in a growing team then look no further. To find out more and apply visit www.dairygoldfoodingredients.com