This is an exciting development for McCormick. Construction is underway for a new condiment manufacturing facility, opening in 2021.
This is a great opportunity to join our team, bringing to life our future condiments manufacturing facility, located in Peterborough, UK. Our vision is to build a sustainable, innovative McCormick factory-of-the-future to support our Flavour Solutions customers.
- Develop and launch commercially viable products (including duplications) for specified customers to achieve sales growth.
- Support the EMEA strategy by taking a customer facing and proactive approach to the delivery of new products.
- Link design activity to business strategy by delivering innovative products within the constraints of the brief.
- Use sound commercial and technical awareness of our ingredients, processes, and customer requirements to deliver ‘right first time’.
- Provide technical support to operations/logistics/purchasing for cost release, quality maintenance and improvement programmes.
- Act as a spokesperson for Development in cross-functional and multi-discipline situations.
- Interact with customers to support relationship building and customer intimacy strategy.
- Interact with suppliers and the general marketplace to ensure up to date ingredients and technologies are employed in new developments.
- Minimum 2 years on-bench development experience in salad dressings, condiments and sauces (or in a similar food environment).
- Graduate or equivalent, Food Technology/Food Science or related subject.
- Experience in project & team management with the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Ability to demonstrate sound understanding of the development process and how it links to the business, including on-line plant trials.
- Ability to show and apply technical knowledge of a relevant field to all areas of the development process.
- Ability to demonstrate sound understanding of the impact of actions on costs.
- Ability to demonstrate effective persuasion and influencing skills.
- Ability to work in a team in a cross-functional environment.
- Ability to think laterally and solve complex problems.
- Ability to resolve conflict and communicate ideas and solutions in a changing environment.
- PC literate with the ability to interpret analytical data.
- A second European language would be an asset.
At McCormick, we bring our passion for flavor to work each day. We encourage growth, respect everyone's contributions and do what's right for our business, our people, our communities and our planet. Join us on our quest to make every meal and moment better.
Founded in Baltimore, MD in 1889 in a room and a cellar by 25-year-old Willoughby McCormick with three employees, McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With 12,400 employees around the world and more than $5 Billion in annual sales., the Company manufactures, markets, and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavourful products to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures, food service businesses and consumers
While our global headquarters are in the Baltimore, Maryland, USA area, McCormick operates and serves customers from nearly 50 locations in 27 countries and 135 markets in Asia-Pacific, China, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and the Americas, including North, South and Central America with recognized brands including Schwartz.
At McCormick, we have over a 100-year legacy based on our “Power of People” principle. This principle fosters an unusually dedicated workforce requiring a culture of respect, recognition, inclusion, and collaboration based on the highest ethical values.