Ref: 62990 | to £45,000 | Wales
Great opportunity for an experienced Technical Manager, or someone looking to take the next step up, within a food manufacturing environment and within a very exciting business. You will take full ownership for the company’s technical agenda with an experienced team reporting into you.
This role will sit on the company’s senior management team of a successful business offering you the opportunity to take full control of their technical function.
As Technical Manager, the purpose of your job will be to manage and continually improve food safety, legality and quality management and maintain these standards, customer requirements, UK legislation and due diligence.
- Responsible for implementing, reviewing and updating the FSQM and HACCP systems and ensuring the company’s compliance
- Manage the technical auditing function to ensure that the company meets legislative, customer and company requirements
- Oversee the reporting and actions of non-compliance to ensure they are corrected in a timely manner
- Overall responsibility in ensuring that all products supplied are fit for purpose, meet the customer requirements and all relevant legislation
- Drive forward the company’s commitment to continuous improvement, quality assurance culture and customer service throughout the factory
- Liaising with both customer representatives and auditing bodies
- Responsible for planning relevant training of the staff
We are looking for an individual with solid quality assurance or technical management experience within food manufacturing (ideally 5 years +) which includes auditing experience, ideally as a Lead Auditor.
Educated to a degree level in food science or food safety discipline, you will demonstrate excellent knowledge of food safety requirements and including BRC auditing.
You will also be an experienced people manager with good communication and influencing skills – you must be able to challenge existing systems and people to bring about improvement.
Additional qualifications such as HACCP, Food Safety, Food Hygiene, Internal Auditing etc. are all highly desirable.
The Technical Manager job is based in Wales and is paying to £45,000 according to your experience.
The package includes benefits including 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays) and pension scheme. The company also offers healthcare and income protection schemes.
This role is based on a 40 hour week to suit the requirements of the job.
How to apply
To be considered for the Technical Manager job, please click the Apply button.
After you have submitted your CV, we will aim to contact you in 1-2 business days on the assumption that your skills and experience match the job requirements.
On applying for this job, you consent to b3 jobs ltd holding your details on file to be able to contact you about your job search, for full details of our GDPR policy, please refer to the b3 jobs website.
b3 jobs is a professional, friendly, and progressive food recruitment consultancy established in 2000 dedicated to the food manufacturing industry. We are a market leader for permanent jobs within food and drink manufacturing throughout the UK. All our consultants have considerable recruitment experience, so you can be confident they have your best interests at heart when finding the perfect job for you.
Alternative job titles
Head of Technical | QA Manager | Quality Assurance Manager | Senior Quality Manager | Food Manufacturing Technical Management Jobs | Food Safety Jobs in Wales