Job ref: 62991 | £25,000 - £35,000 | North West Wales
A great opportunity to join an exciting company that specialises in cooking a diverse range of foods.
Committed to advanced technologies, their focused and professional team are what allows them to consistently deliver market-leading solutions together with close working relationships with their customers.
Your role will be to manage all day-to-day buying activities, develop strong relationships with sustainable suppliers and negotiating the best prices for the business ensuring product quality is achieved and maintained.
You will also ensure that the factory has all the raw materials, packaging and sundries needed for production.
- Manage and develop strong relationships with new and existing suppliers at all levels, including commercial, marketing, product development, technical and supply chain.
- Coordinate, monitor and negotiate the best possible prices for the business in a sustainable way ensuring product quality is achieved and maintained.
- Undertake quality market intelligence gathering to build a stronger position in negotiations, manage risks and make informed sourcing decisions.
- Actively track commodity prices, identifying opportunities to challenge suppliers for price reductions.
- Identify new packaging innovations (for example advances in recyclable packaging) and the latest ingredient and flavour trends.
- Work proactively with management to review factory usage against standards to improve production yields.
You should have previous experience of buying and negotiating within the food production industry together with excellent supplier management and negotiation skills.
In addition, you will have great organisational skills, be motivated, highly numerate, and proficient in both Excel and PowerPoint.
Strong analytical skills, attention to detail and excellent communication skills are also crucial.
The Buyer role is based in North West Wales and paying £25,000 - £35,000 according to your experience.
The working hours are 40 hours per week to suit the requirements of the job.
The package includes benefits including 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays) and pension scheme. The company also offers healthcare and income protection schemes.
How to apply
To be considered for the Buyer job, please click the Apply button.
After you have submitted your CV, we will aim to contact you in 1-2 business days on the assumption that your skills and experience match the job requirements.
Alternate job titles
Food Manufacturing Buying Jobs | Purchasing Jobs | Raw Materials Buyer | Ingredients Buyer | Procurement Jobs | Food Industry Jobs | Food Manufacturing Jobs | Wales | Gwynedd