Our client, an innovative Food Manufacturer based in West Sussex, is looking for a Site Technical Manager. The successful candidate will embrace the Company’s values of safety, quality, service and cost, and work as part of the team to guide and promote the highest food safety and quality standards.
As a key member of the Technical Team, you will be assisting and driving the Company’s reputation for first-class Technical credibility with its customers whilst motivating and helping develop a highly effective technical team.
Reporting to the Head of Technical, key responsibilities are as follows:
- First point of contact and full technical lead ensuring all customer requirements, due diligence, finished product quality, legality and food safety are met at all times.
- Providing performance information data such as customer KPI and Internal KPI reports to the relevant departments.
- Acting as the customer's liaison point for key technical reviews related to the quality management system.
- Managing the site HACCP team and ensure appropriate training for all members.
- Leading the deployment and use of the quality management system to document and govern processes and develop the internal audit system.
- Ensuring the site is audit & visit ready at all times, leading 3rd party site audits ensuring non-conformances are actioned in a timely manner.
- Providing technical expertise and guidance to the company, team members and other parties.
- Leading on the weekly site technical meetings and ensuring all food safety aspects are discussed and actioned.
- Management, mentoring and development of Quality Supervisors, Quality Auditors and a Technical Assistant.
Essential / Desirable skills include:
- Technical Management experience within chilled Food Manufacturing
- BRC, HACCP, knowledge of specification platforms
- Strong understanding of Major Retailer requirements and codes of practice
- Management / Supervisory experience
- Competent computer skills including Microsoft Office and bespoke database systems
- Good verbal and written communication
- Excellent organisational skills and an ability to work under pressure
- Well established, multi-site Food Manufacturer
- One of Europe's leading suppliers within their Category
- Providing the freshest, tastiest, healthiest and most exciting products
- Proud to supply customers throughout the UK, including Major Retailers, with own brand products and quality ingredients
- Constantly striving to bring new ideas to the market and the business
This role offers a competitive salary plus benefits and working hours are Monday to Friday, 40 hours per week between 7am and 5pm, with occasional phone cover at weekends.
If you are a team player and problem solver with a friendly, outgoing personality then please apply AS SOON AS POSSIBLE quoting reference number JJ-P4570 with an updated CV, an indication of your current salary and your availability.