Who we are:
At Pasta Evangelists, we deliver fresh pasta dishes of restaurant quality across the UK. We provide our customers with fresh, handmade pasta, the finest sauces & beautiful garnishes from Italy, inviting them to prepare a 5* pasta dish in the comfort of their own home. We are one of the fastest growing companies in the UK , we stared in 2016 and next year should be the largest pasta brand in the UK by revenues!
With the hard work taken care of by our Italian chefs, all our customers need to do is boil the pasta and heat up the sauce… e buon appetito, a Michelin-starred quality meal in minutes! And whilst we're mainly an online business, selling our pasta through our website, Pasta Evangelists is also the only pasta brand in Harrods, are sold in Amazon, Ocado, Marks & Spencer, Weezy, Zapp and have a thriving new business with dark kitchens working with Deliveroo.
Our mission is clear, loud and simple: we want to be THE authority in fresh, artisan pasta. And it’s a booming market! As a category, pasta is worth £3.8bn in the UK alone, and we are the only company disrupting it! Pasta Evangelists is one of the fastest-growing food companies in the UK! We have recently been acquired by Barilla, the largest pasta company in the world.
We are looking to hire a Head of Food Safety & Technical, to help support the business through our next chapter.
Who you are:
- You have at least 5-10 years experience of managing food safety and technical in a food manufacturing site.
- You have significant experience in food safety and health & safety, including all aspects of HACCP documentation.
- You understand the technical side of food, including lab testing, shelf-life testing, etc.
- You understand food labelling and best-in-class processes for food-safe packaged goods, working with retailers (M&S, Waitrose & Sainsbury's preferred)
- You are able to provide food safety & allergens training to large teams
- You have experience in pest control and other haphazard
- You know hygiene best practices and materials
- You don’t turn a blind eye to issues, but instead you jump on them and have a strong desire to solve them
- You are hugely detailed oriented and don’t ever cut corners
- You love working in a start-up team!
- ... A pasta lover!
What you'll do:
- Join our Pasta Evangelists team as Head of Food Safety & Technical managing our food safety and quality teams.
- Drive change in the organisation to improve our food safety - Champion food safety!
- Adopt a continuous improvement approach to all processes that you own so that we can get better and better
- Help and support your management team to be the best they can be. Live and breathe their development.
- Work with a multi-site operation and coach our team to care about food safety 100% of the time
- Make sure that we have consistent quality in our products and processes
- Ideally have a food science degree
What we can offer:
- The opportunity to help take the company to the next level
- Regular team socials and pasta tastings, as well as occasional trips to Italy!
- 25 days of paid annual leave (plus bank holidays)
- Competitive salary & bonus
- Free pasta delivery every week, free Italian lessons, heavily discounted gym membership
To apply, please:
- Send us a copy of your CV and a covering letter detailing why you would like to join the Pasta Evangelists team & why you are right for this role.