Up to £55'000 (dependent on experience)
You will lead the Senior Leadership Team, you will be responsible for all production control, including the P&L.
- Responsible for delivering KPIs including safety, quality, service levels and operational costs.
- Lead the Production teams
- Gather and analyse operational data to resolve trouble spots and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Work with Continuous Improvement (CI) teams and activities. Foster and develop a CI culture and ethos within the Operations leadership team.
- Work closely with the Process & Quality departments to consistently deliver products that will exceed our customers’ expectations and will delight our consumers.
- Coach and mentor the Operations management team. Develop succession plans in each department & identify candidates suitable for progression.
- Lead the Senior Leadership Team and the strategic direction of the site
- Manage capital projects on site.
- Ensure the site fulfils all statutory obligations with regard to health & safety, environmental consents and the upkeep of site utilities.
- – In conjunction with the Site Leadership Team actively contributes to the creation and update of the business strategy. Identify gaps and ensures alignment between functional, site and group financial / business strategy.
Financial Control - To provide overall business and financial control and support to the all areas of the business ensuring controls are robust and well communicated. Develop and implement accounting and management processes that communicate and improve the decision-making capability across the business.
Financial Integrity - Ensure that all of the company's financial practices are in line with group policy, statutory regulations and legislation.
Performance Reporting - To ensure that there is clear and accurate financial performance reporting in place (daily / weekly / periodically) and that the Senior Leadership Team fully understands the financial performance of their business. Ensure that there are corrective action plans in place to drive and deliver the business performance required. Challenge existing practices to minimise risk and maximise delivery.
Rolling Forecast & Budgetary Process - To lead the financial forecasting process ensuring a realistic forecast of business performance based on clear and aligned assumptions along with an assessment of the business risks and opportunities. Monitor and report against previous forecasts and assumptions.
Commercial Proposals - Work alongside commercial confirming that all commercial opportunities including NPD, tenders and promotional activity are fully evaluated to ensure the business only engages in opportunities that support delivery of the overall business objectives and when appropriate, initiate corrective action and offer support to commercial and marketing colleagues to deliver it.
People Management – to lead the Production function. To recruit, lead, motivate and inspire direct reports to achieve personal development and continual improvement. Ensure the organisation structure is developed to be fit for purpose and that talented people are recruited / retained.
- Experience of leading and developing production functions, including team members, process, and ways of working.
- Experience of operating at a Senior Leadership Team level.
- Driving continuous improvement
- You will have a strong operational management background and can demonstrate successful leadership skills. You will be commercially astute and have the ability to set and deliver strategy.
- As a successful Head of Operations, you will have extensive change management experience, with the proven ability to engage and inspire at all levels, optimising results across the business through “Lean Manufacturing”.
- You will be a natural motivator, with a holistic approach. You will have the ability to use your own initiative and be a strong decision maker.
How to apply
- If this really sounds like you and you want to be considered for the Head of Operations position send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
- On applying for this job, you consent to Recruitment Wolf Limited holding your details on file to be able to contact you about your job search.