Job ref: 62993 | £22,000 - £25,000 | South East
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a leading food business which is dedicated to supplying their customers with the highest quality artisan products. The business has strong ethics, promoting leadership, teamwork and customer satisfaction.
Your role as QA Technician is to provide technical support for the company food safety and quality system.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Ensure that all products and packaging accepted into the company meet specification and legal requirements through checks and sampling at the point of entry.
- Supplier liaison regarding rejections and complaints and ensuring and resolutions are communicated to the relevant departments such as stock control and accounts.
- Maintain QA systems to meet customer, legal and BRC requirements. This includes but is not limited to traceability checks, daily check sheets, calibration, lab sampling, internal audits, weekly and monthly site audits, less frequent and ad hoc audits.
- High level of warehouse monitoring to confirm effective implementation of the quality system and peripheral company and customer policies.
- Assist with food production trials and travel tests.
- Taste panel management.
You will have previous experience within a food manufacturing background, preferably in a technical role as well as:
- Good working knowledge of food quality systems and procedures.
- Able to prioritise and manage workloads effectively to meet deadlines.
- Strong initiative with good problem-solving skills.
- Excellent team player
- Effective communicator – verbal and written.
- A level 3 Food Safety certificate is desirable, although not essential.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office including Excel.
The QA Technician’s job is based in the South East region and is paying £22,000 - £25,000 according to experience.
The working hours are Monday to Thursday (7 am – 5 pm) and Friday (8 am – 12 pm). A total of 40 hours per week excluding lunch breaks.
How to apply
To be considered for the QA Technician job, please click the Apply button.
After you have submitted your CV, we will aim to contact you in 1-2 business days on the assumption that your skills and experience match the job requirements.
On applying for this job, you consent to b3 jobs ltd holding your details on file to be able to contact you about your job search, for full details of our GDPR policy, please refer to the b3 jobs website.
b3 jobs is a professional, friendly, and progressive food recruitment consultancy established in 2000 dedicated to the food manufacturing industry. We are a market leader for permanent jobs within food and drink manufacturing throughout the UK. All our consultants have considerable recruitment experience, so you can be confident they have your best interests at heart when finding the perfect job for you.
Alternate job titles
QA Auditor | Quality Assurance Auditor | Quality Auditor | Quality Assistant | QA Assistant | Quality Assurance Technician | Food Industry Technical QA Jobs in South East UK | Kent