Maintenance Engineer (Electrical Bias)
Job ref: 62696 | £37,355 | Bedfordshire
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a leading food manufacturer which is part of a high-quality food group. Products are manufactured to top standard and supplied to major UK retailers.
The purpose of the Maintenance Engineer is to actively take part in Health and Safety issues, breakdown response and completing general engineering tasks such as breakdown repairs, contractor liaison, maintenance routines and general repairs to prolong the useful life of the food production equipment.
Typical daily duties will include:
- Ensure all Engineering Breakdowns are identified and rectified quickly, and information is recorded.
- Using the Pirana system to carry out planned maintenance, fault finding and repairs within the factory and the site more broadly.
- Assist the Engineering Team Leader in minimising machine downtime by proposing and introducing improved maintenance programmes and continuous improvement ideas.
- Timely completion of all plant PPM schedules.
- Maintain high standards of housekeeping ensuring self and teamwork to Current Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Ensure the Shift Change Handover of the department is carried out thoroughly and all information is shared in detail with the next shift.
To be considered for the Maintenance Engineer job, you will possess a strong engineering track record plus ideally have experience working in FMCG production, and most preferably food/beverage manufacturing.
You will be electrically biased, have experience of PLCs, electrical fault finding, breakdown repairs, completion of preventative maintenance on mechanical & electrical equipment plus light welding and fabrication experience.
A driving licence is required due to site location.
The Maintenance Engineer job is based in Bedfordshire and is paying £39,000.
There are currently 2 shift patterns available to choose from: both Wednesday to Saturday, either 6 am – 4 pm OR 12 pm – 10 pm.
How to apply
If this really sounds like you and you want to be considered for the Maintenance Engineer job, please click the Apply button.
What happens next?
On applying for this job, you consent to b3 jobs ltd holding your details on file to be able to contact you about your job search, for full details of our GDPR policy, please refer to the b3 jobs website. We aim to contact you within 24 hours on the assumption that your credentials fit the requirements for the role.
b3 jobs is a professional, friendly, and progressive food recruitment consultancy established in 2000 dedicated to the food manufacturing industry. We are a market leader for permanent jobs within food and drink manufacturing throughout the UK. All our consultants have considerable recruitment experience so you can be confident they have your best interests at heart when finding the perfect job for you.
Alternate job titles
FMCG Engineering Jobs | Shift Engineer | Electrical Engineer | Multiskilled Engineer | Production Engineer | Food Manufacturing Jobs | North West