Food Technologist - FDS1663
At NSF International, our mission is to protect and improve human health. We’re a global leader in standards development, testing, auditing, certification and training. We provide these services for a diverse set of industries including food, water, health sciences, sustainability and management systems. We’re passionate about the work we do, because together, we have a broad impact on our world. Our nearly 3,000 employees provide services in over 170 countries through our many global offices, at our client sites, from home offices and in state-of-the-art laboratories. We’re growing fast, and that’s where you come in. Come join our team.
NSF International is a growing, global, public health and safety organisation. Our mission which we are passionate about is to protect and improve human health. NSF International is dedicated to being a global leader in the testing, inspection and certification industry. Our core business divisions include food, water, health sciences, sustainability and international strategic registrations. Our services include standards development, testing, auditing, certification, training and advising our clients. Headquartered in Ann Arbor, Michigan, with 2,500 employees worldwide we provide services in over 170 countries at more than 50 office and laboratory locations.
To work closely with marketing, category, technical and procurement teams within Costa. The role is to support the development process; to co-ordinate, review and approve allergy and nutrition information content for Costa.
Key Job Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- To co-ordinate the generation, provision and approval of nutrition and allergy data for use in-store, digitally and to meet our customer requirements. This includes back to recipe calculations as appropriate.
- To be responsible for reviewing and approving materials related to the above e.g. menu boards and other POS, for legality and accuracy, in a timely fashion
- To support and advise the category and marketing teams on menu items compliance with relevant policies including external requirements e.g. CQUINs
- To provide additional data provision to support the decision making during the development process e.g. recipe and nutritional modelling.
- Support the Technical team by supporting investigation of quality issues raised by Costa category, suppliers or identified complaint trends.
- To support the wider technical team with data gathering and collation. Particularly in times of crisis management, this must be executively in a timely manner.
- To attend and represent the technical function at Costa meetings, where relevant
- To assist the Customer Feedback Team in providing technical responses to any customer queries
- To co-ordinate the surveillance testing programme; from collating the risk assessments, scheduling the testing, arranging samples, to be the key contact with the lab.
Administrate the NSF @Costa Technical Services Manual document control (inc. Master Control and NSF Connect)
Delivering systems support for the team; for all applications and system needs across the department. Providing issue support and resolution or escalation where appropriate.
Support Technical Operations Director and Technical Operations Managers with routine and ad hoc reporting requests.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Demonstrable understanding of nutritional and allergen data
- Proven ability to check menu, pack copy and artwork for legality and accuracy
- Previous experience in retail/industry with experience in critical review of specifications and labels/menus
- Ability to review and question supplier technical data for accuracy and precision
- Working knowledge of current labelling legislation
- Good understanding of development process
- Good level of IT skills, including Excel
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Very organised
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong ability to build relationships
- Ideally previous involvement in new product development processes
- Ideally knowledge and experience of restaurant back-of-house operations
- Demonstrate a flexible approach
- Ability to demonstrate the NSF Core Values
- Adhere to the current NSF Code of Ethics Policies
Education & Certification Qualifications:
- HND or Degree in Food Science, Food Technology or Nutrition related discipline
Physical Demand/Travel Requirements:
- Most work is performed in an office environment
- Some work is performed off site at client locations, conferences, trade shows, etc.
- Smoke free work environment
- Required to sit for long periods of time
- Moderate physical effort required (ability to move 50 lbs. from one area to another with assistance)