Job ref: 62996 | c. £30,000 | North East
You will be working for an extremely successful and well-established food manufacturer.
The company supply ambient products to the food manufacturing industry from several strategically placed, state of the art manufacturing and distribution facilities throughout the UK.
With comprehensive technical, sourcing and buying knowledge, the business can cater specifically to their customers’ needs.
As a key part if the technical team, the purpose of your role is to manage the specifications function to ensure timely preparation and issuing of customer specifications as required.
- Ensure the safety, integrity, and legal compliance of all finished products through the management of finished product specifications.
- Ensure the systems for specifications and technical information are continually managed, developed, and reviewed.
- Review and sign-off all raw ingredient specifications.
- Complete provisional specifications for presentation of new products to customers.
- Complete full finished product specifications either web based or in customer own format as required.
- Be a key customer technical contact for specification related queries.
To be considered for the Specifications Manager job you will:
- Ideally be educated to an HND/ degree level in a food discipline.
- Strong technical/specifications experience within the food manufacturing industry.
- Understanding of food labelling regulations.
- Good working knowledge of food industry specifications systems including UK retailer systems. Experience using Foods Connected is highly desirable.
- Excellent numeracy and literacy skills, be highly organised and have fantastic attention to detail.
The Specifications Manager job is based in the North East region and is paying c. £30,000 according to your experience.
The working hours are Monday to Friday, 8.30 am – 4.30 pm.
How to apply
To be considered for the Specifications Manager job, please click the Apply button.
After you have submitted your CV, we will aim to contact you in 1-2 business days on the assumption that your skills and experience match the job requirements.
On applying for this job, you consent to b3 jobs ltd holding your details on file to be able to contact you about your job search, for full details of our GDPR policy, please refer to the b3 jobs website.
b3 jobs is a professional, friendly, and progressive food recruitment consultancy established in 2000 dedicated to the food manufacturing industry. We are a market leader for permanent jobs within food and drink manufacturing throughout the UK. All our consultants have considerable recruitment experience, so you can be confident they have your best interests at heart when finding the perfect job for you.
Alternate job titles
Head of Specifications | Senior Specifications Technologist | Food Technologist | Technical Coordinator | Food Industry Technical Jobs | Technical Information Officer | Specifications Writer | Food Specifications Jobs