This is an exciting development for McCormick. Construction is underway for a new condiment manufacturing facility, opening in 2021.
This is a great opportunity to join our team, bringing to life our future condiments manufacturing facility, located in Peterborough, UK. Our vision is to build a sustainable, innovative McCormick factory-of-the-future to support our Flavour Solutions customers.
- Develop, lead, and execute capital and expense projects in a manner that follows all process and technical standards
- Develop technical proposals (solutions and options) to meet customer needs
- Responsible for all aspects of approved project execution, including detail technical design, issuing technical specifications, following standard project management techniques, managing vendors, contract engineers, and contractors for constructions, re-modelling and equipment fabrication and installation
- Responsible for system commissioning and ramp up as well as transition to operations/maintenance including documentation, training, spare parts and conducting post project review to measure results and document learnings
- Work closely with Maintenance Leadership to implement Total Productive Maintenance and drive loss elimination
- Work closely with engineering leadership to implement strategic capital plan
- Support business partners in development of long term (5-10 year) site plans and operational scenarios (1-3 years)
- Share control with operational leaders of project priorities, influence other departmental leaders
- Responsible for delivery of small, medium, and large sized projects, with impact to customer service levels and budget performance
- Directly impact the results of performance the assigned plant/operation. Depending on the project, may also affect entire business in the case of sales/marketing and capacity increase driven projects
- Interact with business functions outside of a specific plant including sales, marketing, packaging materials engineering, and corporate functions (QA, Safety, Finance)
- Provide technical input and leadership to influence related decision-making process at multiple levels of hierarchy
- Directly lead the work of contract engineers, improvement teams, contractors, vendors. Influence maintenance, operations, and other site teams at all levels through informal leadership
- Provide technical expertise for ongoing improvement projects and facilitate the prevention of defects and comprehensive continuous improvement
- Develop and implement the program of cost saving and energy reduction project opportunities
- Relevant Engineering degree ME, CHemE, IE, EE, BTEC), or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 2 year experience as project engineer within a manufacturing environment
- Understanding of food manufacturing practices and ability to develop process improvements and solutions
- Experience in food processing, dry or liquid packaging, pharmaceutical, or chemical process would be a strong plus
- Experience in Shop floor/information systems highly desirable
- Knowledge of Computer Aided Design (CAD), PFD, Piping and Instrumentation Diagram (P&ID), pneumatics, hydraulics, Basic controls/PLC
- Understanding of project justification financial process (i.e. Return on Investment, Internal Rate of Return, and Life Cycle Cost/Benefit Analysis)
- Experience in the development of financial justification and business case documentation for project submittals
- Experience in project budget management including estimate development, managing spending appropriately between capital and expense, cash flow projection, and cash flow reporting
- Mechanically inclined, able to analyse complex data and get to the root cause to solve technical issues
- Leader and problem solver, able to think independently and apply innovation appropriately based on risk assessment
At McCormick, we bring our passion for flavor to work each day. We encourage growth, respect everyone's contributions and do what's right for our business, our people, our communities and our planet. Join us on our quest to make every meal and moment better.
Founded in Baltimore, MD in 1889 in a room and a cellar by 25-year-old Willoughby McCormick with three employees, McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With 12,400 employees around the world and more than $5 Billion in annual sales., the Company manufactures, markets, and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavourful products to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures, food service businesses and consumers
While our global headquarters are in the Baltimore, Maryland, USA area, McCormick operates and serves customers from nearly 50 locations in 27 countries and 135 markets in Asia-Pacific, China, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and the Americas, including North, South and Central America with recognized brands including Schwartz.
At McCormick, we have over a 100-year legacy based on our “Power of People” principle. This principle fosters an unusually dedicated workforce requiring a culture of respect, recognition, inclusion, and collaboration based on the highest ethical values.
If you are looking for a new challenge and want to join a highly motivated team in a rewarding environment, seeking a competitive salary and benefits package and opportunity to work with a global flavour leader. Then please apply via our careers centre at http://www.mccormickcorporation.com/Career-Center
Agencies: McCormick as needed will work with external recruitment vendors through our Agency Portal. Unless previously contacted, McCormick does not accept unsolicited resumes from external recruiting agencies.
McCormick is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.