This is an exciting development for McCormick. Construction is underway for a new condiment manufacturing facility, opening in 2021.
R&D Project Manager
This is a great opportunity to join our team, bringing to life our future condiments manufacturing facility, located in Peterborough, UK. Our vision is to build a sustainable, innovative McCormick factory-of-the-future to support our Flavour Solutions customers.
- Represent the site R&D Function on all appropriate internal forums
- Lead vertical start-ups and validation of products on new lines, manage all trial projects
- Manage the build/fit out of all R&D facilities at PBO to completion/going live inclusive of Pilot Plant, Sensory area, Show Kitchen, Development Kitchen, R&D Lab and R&D Office
- Engage with the wider McCormick community to promote/share and investigate innovation and best practise
- Ensure the possession of all comparative data for validation purposes
- Manage the R&D change log with the new site team
- Lead technology platform programs for condiments and owns the technology roadmap, driving future technologies, ensure the Company’s fit for the future
- Lead the Qualification of the Process and Packaging element for the site plan
- Represent R&D on all future proposals/phases for the site installation/expansion
- Manages team development linked to processing technology
- Scout for New technologies to influence our lines of the future
- Food Science/Food Technology or Engineering degree qualified, or equivalent
- R&D / Product management experience
- Previous experience of working in a food manufacturing (condiments and sauce) highly preferred
- Proven Track record of managing large capital projects
- Lean Six Sigma Green or Black belt preferred
- Ability to build successful customer relationships
- Thorough understanding of consumer insights and product technical delivery, ability to understand and help develop a robust customer brief and deliver using available or required insight tools
- A successful communicator with ability to negotiate and influence outside of the organization
- Ability to recognize and manage the diversity of their tasks and facilitate competing requirements of different internal and external customers
- Ability to apply business acumen and reflect strategic priorities to everyday R&D agenda
- Ability to work autonomously and to supervise the work of a team
At McCormick, we bring our passion for flavor to work each day. We encourage growth, respect everyone's contributions and do what's right for our business, our people, our communities, and our planet. Join us on our quest to make every meal and moment better.
Founded in Baltimore, MD in 1889 in a room and a cellar by 25-year-old Willoughby McCormick with three employees, McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With 12,400 employees around the world and more than $5 Billion in annual sales, the Company manufactures, markets, and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavourful products to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures, food service businesses and consumers.
While our global headquarters are in the Baltimore, Maryland, USA area, McCormick operates and serves customers from nearly 50 locations in 27 countries and 135 markets in Asia-Pacific, China, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and the Americas, including North, South and Central America with recognized brands including Schwartz.
At McCormick, we have over a 100-year legacy based on our “Power of People” principle. This principle fosters an unusually dedicated workforce requiring a culture of respect, recognition, inclusion, and collaboration based on the highest ethical values.