This long established food manufacturer pride themselves on being one of the best suppliers in their sector. They have invested in their site, people and products with sustainability high on their agenda. They are now on the lookout for a confident and talented Senior Process Technologist who can develop quickly into their next Process Manager.
Reporting to the Site NPD Manager you will take ownership of the transition of new products from kitchen approval to production and launch. You will also be the lead contact for a major retail customer. As well as managing one technologist you key responsibilities will include:
- Management of the critical path to ensure projects are successfully completed in line with agreed timescales and budgets as well as overseeing artwork delivery
- Co-ordinating and participating in process, scale-up and pre-launch trials for all new products, compiling reports and providing feedback on costs and yield.
- Presenting products to customers and managing trial sign-off and technical handover
- Working closely with Quality and Technical teams to organise and attend shelf life and organoleptic tests to guarantee the highest levels of product quality and taste.
- In addition you will assist with raw materials sign off as well as labelling and packaging approval, driving a culture of quality and continuous improvement across the business.
- Supporting the Concept team by providing advice on technical & quality aspects of the development process whilst keeping customers updated at all stages of the critical path.
- Building strong relationships with customers and colleagues to ensure excellent levels of service.
We are looking for a proactive and motivated Process professional with a Food Science or Technology qualification and previous experience working in a Process and / or a Development position within the food manufacturing industry.
You’ll have an analytical and practical approach to tasks coupled with the desire to achieve results and drive continuous improvements. You must also have great attention to detail and the ability to effectively manage simultaneous projects as well as excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Ideally, you will have worked with the major multiples and understand their systems, processes and standards.
So if you have the skills and experience to take on this exciting role with a supportive food manufacturer then apply now or call Keziah on 0345 2600 737 to find out more.
Although we do our utmost to respond to all applicants, there are times when this is just not possible due to sheer volume so if you have not heard from us within 5 working days then we are sorry to say your application for this role has not been successful.
Also, please note that we are only able to accept and respond to applications from candidates with eligibility to work in the UK and those who hold valid work visas.