Working for one of the leading food producers within the UK, our client manufactures a range of produces including many well-known branded products.
The successful candidate will be responsible for scientific evaluation and implementation of ingredient, process and technology to deliver improved nutritional profile of existing product portfolio and for future innovation. This will involve translating scientific knowledge of ingredient functionality and recipe formulation to gain competitive business advantage i.e. nutrition, cost, healthier innovation
The Key Accountabilities.
- Hands-on product development with laboratory/kitchen or pilot plant equipment/ process.
- To identify and evaluate ingredient, process and technology to improve nutritional profile of existing product portfolio, innovation for Healthier/BFY New ranges and cleaner label.
- Identify solutions to remove/replace current non-desirable and at risk ingredients
- Identify and support cost savings initiatives.
- Implement analytical product characterisation and experimental design: interpret and report data to achieve informed conclusions.
- Understand relationship between recipe and key process parameters to deliver intentional differentiation and product consistency.
- Lead factory trials with operations, process and site technical teams at relevant sites. Liaise with all site functions to progress projects.
- Progress all aspects of document control and process relating to project.
- Maintain contact with internal/external functions and experts to drive innovation
- Essential) BSc Food Science/Technology or related degree.
- Basic Food Hygiene (Essential) HNC Food Science/Technology, BTEC Food Science
- (Desirable) MSc Food Science/Technology or related degree
- Innovative and creative, with the ability to work in both test bakery/pilot plant and full-scale production environments.
- You are resilient, flexible, organised and tenacious – relish a challenge and always seeking a solution.
- Great at managing priorities and time, problem solving and working under pressure.
- Be ambitious and self-motivated.
- Have a analytical approach to work.
- Enjoy working alone and within team.
- Great communication skills.
- Be able to work across levels with confidence and authority.
To apply, please e-mail in strict confidence, with your CV, including salary details, quoting the above reference and for the attention of James Constable to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to a high volume of responses, we cannot reply to each application individually. If you have not had a response within one week, we are sorry to say your application has not been successful on this occasion.