McCormick & Company, Inc., a world leader in the spice, flavor and seasonings industry, is seeking for Senior Quality Assurance Technician for 6 month fixed-term contract. This position will be based in Littleborough, UK.
With more than $5 billion in annual sales, the Company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavorful products to the entire food industry – retail outlets, food manufacturers, and foodservice businesses. We create differentiating flavors consumers prefer with unmatched quality, science, innovation and service. Every day, no matter where or what you eat, you can enjoy food flavored by McCormick. McCormick brings passion to flavor™!
The main goal of this position is to ensure QA/QC control procedures, test plans are being adhered to and effective to produce a safe finished product meeting quality, legal & customer requirements. This role will provide essential support to the QA Management Team. This is position covering weekends.
- To provide analytical, sensory and chemical testing in accordance with test plans on SAP at either WLR or NMS at the weekend. To be based at the lab where priority testing is required.
- To set up and update SAP test plans as advised by QMS team.
- To support QA Management Team with customer visits and third-party audits and related preparation activities.
- To monitor and challenge GMP standards in the QA Laboratory (including chilled & ambient QA reference rooms) and conduct assigned GMP audits.
- To assist with adherence to Good Lab Practices and all related improvement, innovation plans, and to be actively involved with the proficiency testing scheme activities.
- To effectively manage consumables for both QA laboratories. To carry out assigned quality audits/ checks across both sites including glass audits, X-ray downloads, plaster checks, Foreign Body Box checks and any other specified audit requirements.
- To be actively involved with the co-ordination and implementation of the relevant QA/QC programmes including environmental monitoring, nutritional sampling, auditing and archiving of records pertaining to quality and food safety. Responsible for issuing out coding sheets for both manufacturing sites in a timely manner. To manage Certificate of Analysis where required.
- To assist with customer complaint investigations and data collation.
- To be the first point of QA contact for the site teams outside of weekday working hours to provide QA guidance and know at which to escalate an quality or hygiene related incident. Ensure full compliance with Company Quality, Food Safety, Health & Safety and Environmental requirements.
- Support with management of non-conforming materials – ingredients & packaging, including investigations at site level.
- Support with raw material and packaging intake checks (bulk and pallet deliveries) over the weekend as & when required. Recording test results on SAP.
- To ensure product and raw material retains samples are available and easily accessible, removing any out of date products
- Any other reasonable requests that may be required
- Relevant QA experience in a food manufacturing environment is essential.
- Knowledge and experience of HACCP and BRC standard desirable.
- Flexible and committed to quality and continuous improvement.
- Eye for detail.
- Be a team player with a “hands on” approach.
- Good organizational and communication skills.
- PC Literate.
- Self starter and ability to work well under pressure.
- Not afraid to make decision in “real time”.
- Enthusiastic, dedicated and eager to learn new skills.
- Good Interpersonal skills – able to work and communicate at all levels.
- Educated to A-Level standard or equivalent. A formal technical qualification would be a distinct advantage