Position: Process Engineer
Based: Haddenham, UK
Salary: Competitive + benefits
In this position you will be responsible for driving a reduction of chronic losses (e.g. Process Reliability, Yield and Scrap) through the development of standards. This role will help reduce variation in operating methods thereby improving the reliability and repeatability of processes. The Process Engineer will work with Area Manager, Area Engineer and operators to standardize processes and procedures for the plant, including, but not limited to, processing, packaging, maintenance and engineering departments.
- Create the improvement plan for the Value Stream to deliver the annual goals
- Lead the prioritization of losses in the line / area / sector in collaboration with operating team
- Critically analyse processes/systems/practices to identify current gaps and opportunities for improvement
- Help troubleshoot through use of RCA and drive them to zero by establishing and improving line standards
- Drive cost reduction programs, process improvements, and engineering service requests as well as evaluation and recommendation of process capital improvements and automation
- Provide supporting data analysis and justifications for any technology improvements and capital expenditures and feasibility studies
- Support to facilitate AM Pillar and lead FI pillar in local value stream
- Responsible for coaching and developing Technicians / Operators to improve their skills allowing them to be more effective team members.
- Developing the following documents for the assigned area: Operating Procedures and line machinery training manuals, Standard Operating Procedures, Standard Control Procedures, All run documents including Baseline Audit Sheets, Changeover documents, Shutdown procedures, Start-up procedures, and Operational Cleaning procedures, Step up cards and One Point Lessons.
- Work with Area Engineer to set appropriate documentation standards for vendors and contractors that will facilitate ease of use in developing training documentation for plant staff.
- Coaching DDS
- Maintain integrity of line level data including training, health checks, and change control. Focus includes scorecards, downtime data base, manual tracking systems and SAP master data.
- Create daily, weekly and monthly rollup and analysis for key performance metrics like Process Reliability, Productivity, Yield and Scrap
- Participate in Line and Shift Daily Direction setting meetings as appropriate
- A degree in Engineering (Chemical, Mechanical, Electrical and Industrial)
- Proficiency in the application of statistical methods
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Access, Project, PowerPoint, Word)
- Effective communication (both oral and written) skills with demonstrated ability to present ideas without formal authority
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours and days as needed to meet business demands
- Some experience working collaboratively in a team-based environment
- Good problem-solving skills
- Experience from change Management: Provide mid-level sponsorship (coaching, training, etc.) to the team
- Ability to prioritize
- Ability to create OGSMs and Smart Goals in support of organizational priorities and strategies Data & Analytics
- Ability to analyse data to develop actionable insights
- Ability to learn and leverage the latest analytical technologies.
- Experience from project / Program Management
- Financial Acumen: Understanding of key financial topics, including:
CAAP, IRR, Yield, Waste, Scrap, Line Level Loss Analysis. Understanding of the necessary actions of the team to positively impact these financial metrics.
- Effective Decision Making: Ability to use appropriate root cause analysis decision tools for decision making.
At McCormick, we bring our passion for flavor to work each day. We encourage growth, respect everyone's contributions and do what's right for our business, our people and our planet.
Founded in Baltimore, MD in 1889 in a room and a cellar by 25-year-old Willoughby McCormick with three employees, McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With 12,400 employees around the world and more than $5 Billion in annual sales, the Company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and flavors to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures, food service businesses and consumers
While our global headquarters are in the Baltimore, Maryland, USA area, McCormick operates and serves customers in 150 countries and territories in Asia-Pacific, China, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and the Americas with recognized brands including Schwartz.
At McCormick, we have over a culture based on our “Power of People” principle. This principle fosters an unusually dedicated workforce requiring a culture of respect, ethics and integrity and growth.
If you are looking for a new challenge and want to join a highly motivated team with a passion for flavour, then please apply via our careers centre at http://www.mccormickcorporation.com/Career-Center (job req.n° 94905).
Agencies: McCormick as needed will work with external recruitment vendors through our Agency Portal. Unless previously contacted, McCormick does not accept unsolicited resumes from external recruiting agencies.
McCormick is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.