Position: Shift Operations Manager
Based: Haddenham, UK
Salary: Competitive + benefits
The Shift Operations Manager works on a rotating shift basis and is the site custodian, ultimately responsible for all activity on the site from a Safety, Quality and Performance perspective. The role works as part of the factory leadership team and specifically forms part of the ‘trinome’ for the value stream (with the process engineer and engineering value stream lead).
The Shift Operations Manager is the JTE leader for the shift and is specifically responsible for the implementation of the autonomous maintenance pillar, HPO strategy and the site labour planning/budget.
The person in this role will work closely in tandem with other Shift Operations Manager’s and Team Leader to ensure best practice and alignment across the full factory.
- Site Custodian- responsible for all Emergency team processes and investigation into any safety incidents that occur on site
- Conducts investigations into any safety issues, working through RCA and leading cross functional team to ensure timely close out
- Completion of Safety audits and hazard close out
- Responsible for ensuring all new starters receive induction in line with site onboarding processes
- Ensure full compliance with Company Quality, Food Safety, Health & Safety and Environmental requirements.
- To understand food safety legislation, including HACCP in line with the responsibilities of the role and to ensure that the team’s outputs meet these standards.
- Owner of the change management processes ensuring all changes are documented and have minimal impact to performance
- To assist with the integration of new equipment with the manufacturing, operations and project teams.
- To ensure all Quality Management Systems are adhered to and properly documented.
- Ensuring area GMP targets are met
- Leading and delivering the autonomous maintenance pillar as part of JTE
- Leading HPO programme for area team- including the creation and implementation of area engagement plans
- Responsible for area labour planning and cost control ensuring site direct labour and overtime budgets are met
- Responsible for area multi skilling programme in collaboration with the site training manager
- Reports area performance in conjunction with the team leaders in the site performance meeting
- Covers for operations manager in delivery of the site performance meeting where required
- Operational lead for the DDS programme at factory level ensuring adherence to standards through team of senior operators and operators
- Provide coaching on all aspects of factory performance, including other DDS feeder meetings such as quality, engineering etc
- Owns the organisation and facilitation of the recruitment programme in conjunction with MPS
- Reports site performance on a shift by shift base, working closely with area team leaders to ensure correct priorities are aligned
- Management of approximately 20 employees- ensuring all employees have goals and developments plans
- Conduct all processes around people- including absence management, disciplinaries etc
- Coaching on a daily basis on performance
- Lead of succession plan for area of responsibility in conjunction with operations manager and HR Business partner
- Responsible for area labour budget and overtime controls
- Degree Level in relevant subject e.g. Business Management or Leadership,
- Experienced in food or consumer products industry supported by a good track record of leading and engaging operational team,
- IOSH or NeBosh qualified,
- HACCP Level 3,
- Works in the team, facilitates and promotes teamwork & team discussions,
- Ability to set a strategy for the shift team and communicate this is an engaging way,
- Role model and communication, advocate for the change through behavioral modeling, communicates effectively, Maintains professionalism and flexibility in uncertain or stressful encounters
- Managing and measuring work of team and stakeholders, ability to prioritise, provide daily direction and coaching, strong coordination ability, sense of accountability / ownership, sense of urgency, strengthen engagement, ability to prioritize,
- Ability to communicate feedbacks, development of a continual learning culture within the team,
- Understanding of technical capability and problem-solving methodology, understand a manufacturing environment and how Plant performance impacts Supply Chain function, customers and consumers,
- Ability to use appropriate root cause analysis decision tools for decision making Safety, Health, Environment and Quality Compliance and Management.
At McCormick, we bring our passion for flavor to work each day. We encourage growth, respect everyone's contributions and do what's right for our business, our people and our planet.
Founded in Baltimore, MD in 1889 in a room and a cellar by 25-year-old Willoughby McCormick with three employees, McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With 12,400 employees around the world and more than $5 Billion in annual sales, the Company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and flavors to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures, food service businesses and consumers
While our global headquarters are in the Baltimore, Maryland, USA area, McCormick operates and serves customers in 150 countries and territories in Asia-Pacific, China, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and the Americas with recognized brands including Schwartz.
At McCormick, we have over a culture based on our “Power of People” principle. This principle fosters an unusually dedicated workforce requiring a culture of respect, ethics and integrity and growth.
If you are looking for a new challenge and want to join a highly motivated team with a passion for flavour, then please apply via our careers centre at http://www.mccormickcorporation.com/Career-Center (job req.n°90280).
Agencies: McCormick as needed will work with external recruitment vendors through our Agency Portal. Unless previously contacted, McCormick does not accept unsolicited resumes from external recruiting agencies.
McCormick is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.