HR Business Partner
Representing HR as a member of the site leadership team, the role plays an important part in embedding our McCormick culture, designing and executing the people roadmap for the aligned functions in Haddenham, UK.
- Play a critical role as consultant, connector, collaborator and communicator, working closely with leadership and employees on a broad range of organisational, HR, and employee topics and initiatives
- Work with leadership to build and drive the HR agenda in support of business growth, capability advancement, and maximising engagement as it contributes to a high performance organisation
- Ensure organisational capability enables achievement of goals through robust organisation design, talent acquisition, development, and performance and talent management processes and activities
- Provide consultative HR expertise to functional and project/program teams on implementing and delivering the people requirements for business initiatives
- Collaborate with the UK and EMEA regional HR Business Partner organisation to provide value-added HR support for regional and local initiatives; Operationalise strategic global and regional HR initiatives/programs for implementation at the site
- Collaborate with global HR centres of expertise (Compensation & Benefits, Learning & Development, Talent Acquisition, Talent Management, and Organisation Effectiveness) to successfully deploy HR processes and programs
- Collaborate with the McCormick People Services (shared services organisation) providing HR administrative and operational services to EMEA locations and employee populations
- Participate in Regional and Global HR Projects which support Operational Excellence Programs
- Work in partnership with leadership, legal, and HR teams to manage complex employee relations issues
- Proven experience delivering as HR business partner; demonstrated ability to establish productive partnerships with aligned client leadership and extended employee organisations
- Strength building trust and confidence with leadership and employees; ability to balance advocacy for the company and its employees as it contributes to our People-first, high performance organisation and culture
- Strategic, consultative, client- and employee-centric approach to HR activities
- Strength in innovation, collaboration, and creative problem solving
- Demonstrated agility and flexibility in adapting to new teams, cultures, organisational contexts
- Demonstrated learning agility to adapt and learn new capabilities, processes, approaches, etc.
- Strength in organisation and planning; capable of managing multiple, concurrent client group/team alignments
- Experience leading change initiatives to successful conclusion
- Experience of coaching leaders in delivering effective people solutions
- Ability to influence without formal authority and build relationships at all levels of the organisation
- Sufficient knowledge of current UK employment legislation and applicable policy and procedure
- Proven experience of managing employee relations in accordance with company policy and legal requirements;
- High proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and SAP
- HR-related qualification
At McCormick, we bring our passion for flavor to work each day. We encourage growth, respect everyone's contributions and do what's right for our business, our people, our communities and our planet. Join us on our quest to make every meal and moment better.
Founded in Baltimore, MD in 1889 in a room and a cellar by 25-year-old Willoughby McCormick with three employees, McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With 12,400 employees around the world and more than $5 Billion in annual sales., the Company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavourful products to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures, food service businesses and consumers
While our global headquarters are in the Baltimore, Maryland, USA area, McCormick operates and serves customers from nearly 50 locations in 27 countries and 135 markets in Asia-Pacific, China, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and the Americas, including North, South and Central America with recognized brands including Schwartz.
At McCormick, we have over a 100-year legacy based on our “Power of People” principle. This principle fosters an unusually dedicated workforce requiring a culture of respect, recognition, inclusion and collaboration based on the highest ethical values.
If you are looking for a new challenge and want to join a highly motivated team in a rewarding environment, seeking a competitive salary and benefits package and opportunity to work with a global flavour leader. Then please apply via our careers centre at http://www.mccormickcorporation.com/Career-Center (job req.n° 93333).
Agencies: McCormick as needed will work with external recruitment vendors through our Agency Portal. Unless previously contacted, McCormick does not accept unsolicited resumes from external recruiting agencies.
McCormick is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.