Job ref: 7862 | up to £27,000 | South Wales
We are seeking a talented and passionate individual to work for a leading provider of premium quality specialist products to food manufacturers, foodservice, and retailers throughout the UK.
With a constantly expanding portfolio and innovative approach to food, the business can provide customers with products tailored to their individual needs.
As a key part of the technical team, the purpose of your role is to be responsible for the day-to-day administration for a busy and fast-paced food technical department.
- Complete customer documentation and questionnaires.
- Review and risk assess against customer codes of practice in line with the auditing schedule or retailer updates.
- Upkeep of the Quality manual including document control and procedure reviews.
- Logging customer complaints and producing monthly reports to the factory.
- Internal audit schedule management – delegating monthly audits to the team, ensuring NC are closed out in the agreed timescale.
- Manage internal and external KPI reports.
- Document risk assessments in line with COP / BRC – in line with current practices.
We are looking for an ambitious and confident individual who can effectively manage and organise technical information to ensure the business always remains compliant.
- Food QA or technical administration experience.
- Ideally degree educated in food science, food technology or similar.
- Knowledge of Retailer Codes of Practice is highly desirable.
- Line management experience preferred.
- IT literate including Microsoft Office
The Technical Officer job is based in South Wales and paying up to £27,000 according to experience.
The package also includes 33 days annual leave (including bank holidays), pension, Xmas bonus and free/discounted products.
The working hours are Monday to Friday, office hours, however some flexibility will be needed.
How to apply
To be considered for the Technical Officer job, please click the Apply button.
After you have submitted your CV, we will aim to contact you in 1-2 business days on the assumption that your skills and experience match the job requirements.
On applying for this job, you consent to b3 jobs ltd holding your details on file to be able to contact you about your job search, for full details of our GDPR policy, please refer to the b3 jobs website.
Alternative job titles
Technical Administrator | Technical Information Officer | Technical Assistant | Food Technologist | Technical Admin Assistant | Food Technical Jobs | Monmouthshire | South Wales