West Midlands or Home Based
c £95k to c £105k pa plus car/allowance, bonus and benefits
A true market leader, our client is a key division of a substantial global corporation which provide a unique range of operational and analytical laboratory testing services to multiple industries (including a strong bias within the food and drink manufacturing industry). This is a significant organisation both in terms of size, scale and stature and are one of the fastest growing listed European companies. Yet its uniqueness is fostered by a culture of autonomy and a hub of entrepreneurship with businesses being led by autonomous business leaders empowered to take full ownership and custodian of their own organisation as part of the broader group.
This is an extremely exciting time to be joining this organisation as they are focused on a significant change agenda, with organic growth, selective acquisition and investment remaining firmly on their agenda - with the aim of doubling their turnover within 5 years.
- This critical position demands an individual with the commercial acumen and intellectual horsepower to create innovative solutions to bring sustainable competitive advantage.
- Reporting directly to the Managing Director and as part of the executive management team, you will be required to develop and deliver the business strategy with the objective to achieve the significant growth plans as outlined above.
- You will manage all commercial, sales, business development, key account management, marketing and brand development activities for the UK organisation and will be required to raise the bar, achieve sustainable growth and profitability and drive the business to maximise its full potential.
- You will understand the value drivers of the business and identify profitable and commercial opportunities to grow revenue and market share through new products and the extension of services to current and new clients and emerging markets.
- There are significant market opportunities to maximise and as such you will create, formulate and execute an innovative and dynamic commercial plan in order to lead market diversification and expansion.
- You will lead the commercial team and will develop the market for the UK organisation focusing on new market penetration, competition, routes to market in order to achieve both strategic and financial objectives.
- This unique position demands an exceptional individual who enjoys a growth agenda and a highly visible role.
- Commercial in nature with the ability to operate in a both a hands-on strategic capacity, you will understand the demands and drivers required to initiate high impact and credible commercial strategies for the organisation.
- The successful candidate will have extensive sales/development and commercial expertise gained within a laboratory testing environment (food, water, pharmaceutical, diagnostic/environmental etc). Alternatively, you may well be working for a food and drinks/food ingredients manufacturer with strong experience of complexity whether that be in terms of SKU’s, customer mix etc.
- Practical, commercial and creative in equal measure, you will be a tenacious forward-thinking individual and will be distinguished by your ability to lead the team to new heights of excellence and achieve major breakthroughs in sales performance.
- Intellectually powerful, this is a superb opportunity to be involved in influencing the shape and size of the company, whilst developing your career in an organisation where outstanding opportunities exist for high performers.
Interested? Please reply with full CV and current salary details. Candidates who fail to respond in this manner cannot be considered. Quote reference number 15/319 to; firstname.lastname@example.org