Due to the continued success of The Food Machinery Co Ltd we are actively seeking a mechanical project design engineer who will be based in St Mary Hoo, Rochester, Kent.
The Food Machinery Co Ltd supply specialist machinery to the Food Processing and Packaging sector throughout the UK and Ireland with clients ranging from major public limited companies to smaller independent producers.
Our scope of supply can range from small standalone machines for start-up companies to fully automated bespoke turnkey solutions including robotics.
Responsibilities and Role:
• Preparation of 2D and 3D SolidWorks models for customer and factory use throughout the quotation and manufacturing stages.
• Liaise with our suppliers from all over the world
• Site surveys throughout the UK and Ireland
• Project Management from quotation to installation
• Able to compile relevant project information, create costing documentation and quotation proposals for a wide range of machinery and turnkey solutions.
• Managing data, such as drawings and parts, in a PDM system
• Detailed understanding of modern engineering design principles and practices
• Proficiency to read and interpret complex technical engineering drawings
• Ability to manage your workload and work to deadlines on multiple ongoing projects
• Able to work alone and as part of a team
• Self-motivated, driven, and able to work without direct supervision
• Full clean driving licence and car essential due to rural location
• HNC + / Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
All respondents to this position must be eligible to live and work in the UK