The Quality Supervisor will report directly to the Founder and Head of Operations to implement and manage the site’s Food Safety and Quality Management System. The QS is a pivotal figure in the business with a high level of accountability. Working closely with the Production Manager and production team, the QS is responsible for the quality of all outgoing product.
We are looking for a high calibre individual who knows their craft, is meticulous in all they do and has the ambition and ability to grow into a senior figure within the company.
The Quality Supervisor will help us on our crusade by fulfilling the following:
• Monitor the quality of site production against agreed standards
• Gather all necessary raw material documentation and specs from suppliers, and maintain our supplier approval list
• Prepare and maintain the internal product specifications system
• Analyse both analytical and sensory data from production to ensure consistent quality of the drinks and provide guidance to manufacturing operatives to ensure the drinks’ quality and safety are the highest standard
• Assist with the investigation into non-conformances and customer complaints and suggest corrective actions.
• Assist in the regular management of shelf-life testing, probe calibration & equipment maintenance.
• Supporting in preparation for and during customer visits and third-party audits (SALSA)
• Ensuring process related jobs and tasks are compliant with our Quality Management System.
• Propose improvements to senior management aimed at improving quality systems and processes within the manufacturing environment.
• Ensure HACCP in production areas is being implemented and documented.
• Report/Tracker Preparation - Ensure required report templates are completed on time, in full and accurately for customers and other stakeholders
• Own and deliver on key performance indicators set by senior management on quality parameters
Qualifications and skills:
• Food science degree
• 2+ years’ experience working in a quality role (ideally beverages)
• HACCP level 3
• Food Hygiene level 3
• Internal auditor qualification
The QS will report in to the Head of Operations and Founder whilst working closely with the Production Manager and warehouse staff. The role is based from our production site in Hoddesdon (Hertfordshire). The postcode is EN11 0EE. The nearest station is Rye House which is 5 minutes walk (Hertford East service).
• £25k + Company Profit Share
• 20 days holiday + U.K bank holidays (possibility to negotiate more)
• Access to company pension scheme
• 1 paid charity day a year
• Monthly night out
• Cash allowance for drinking cocktails in high quality bars!
• Mon – Fri week
• 9am – 5pm working days
• Ability to work from home
• Healthy work/life culture
• 30mins daily paid lunch break
• The opportunity to develop into future roles as we continue to grow at pace