The Production Manager (PM) sets the standard in the production kitchen and across the kitchen team whilst being an oracle of all of our products. The PM is hands on, leading by example in a close-knit kitchen team. Working alongside the Quality Supervisor and Head of Operations, the PM sets the weekly diary of production and maintains inventory of raw and finished goods, whilst ensuring food safety and hygiene are legal and compliant to SALSA level.
You’ll help us on our crusade by fulfilling the following:
• Production – overseeing a 200L p/hr capacity kitchen across 20+ products
• Planning - ensuring production meets weekly orders
• Manage – leading by example with pace, urgency and care within a tight team of 4 – 6 kitchen assistants
• Optimise – create and optimise process flows and ensure production equipment/machinery suffers minimal downtime
• HACCP – Senior member of the HACCP team
• Critical Control Points – education and enforcement throughout the full team
• Inventory – stock control and monthly ordering from ingredients and packaging suppliers
• Cleaning – ensuring daily/weekly/monthly cleaning tasks are complete to highest possible standards.
• Scale up - able to work with NPD to help enable scale up of lab samples to full production.
The PM will report in to the Head of Operations and Founder whilst working closely with the Quality Supervisor and warehouse staff.
The role is based from our production site in Hoddesdon (Hertfordshire). The postcode is EN11 0EE. The nearest station is Rye House which is 5 minutes walk (Hertford East service).
• Proven track record of process flow creation and hands on machinery maintenance
• 2yrs+ as Shift Manager / Senior Supervisor at SALSA or BRC accredited production facility
• Food safety + HACCP level 3
• Self-initiative. The bulk of the work is self-lead
• Hands on
• Organised, positive & hardworking
• Microsoft Excel fluent
• High standard of cleanliness and personal hygiene
• Passionate about fresh produce with an understanding of food and drink
• Degree in Food related discipline e.g. Food science, food technology
• Technical supervisor experience
• Experience working with a drinks manufacturer
• £35k + Company Profit Share
• 20 days holiday + U.K bank holidays (possibility to negotiate more)
• Access to company pension scheme
• 1 paid charity day a year
• Monthly night out
• Cash allowance for drinking cocktails in high quality bars!
• Mon – Fri week
• 9am – 5pm working days
• Healthy work/life culture
• 30mins daily paid lunch break
• The opportunity to develop into future roles as we continue to grow at pace