This is a fantastic opportunity to join a high end food manufacturer who proudly provide meals and meal components to some of the finest Retailers in the UK. . You will be responsible for upholding their business plan and to be commercially aware of the Team Targets within the Role and how it links to all other Teams. Having analytical skills and behaviours in place to contribute to the success of the business with clear understanding of conforming to processes and procedures to maintain proven results.
- To ensure that one obtains the best quality product at the lowest prices and negotiate constantly with suppliers to achieve company objectives.
- Work closely with Production Planners and the Operations team with regards to forecasting
And planning the needs of the department.
- To ensure that all orders are created in line with the current business levels of the company.
- To ensure all daily/weekly orders are processed in full and on time.
- Consolidating the current supply base.
- Sourcing new and innovative supplier.
- Perform a regular review of the supplier base. Regular supplier meetings to address concerns and build closer ties.
- Negotiate and manage accounts with suppliers in line with the company’s purchasing policy.
- Ensure that all pricing is competitive with current market prices.
- Updating/Maintaining product information within sage200
- Performing regular audits of the information within sage200.
- Working closely with NPD and Commercial to source new products for existing and new clients.
- Maintaining a close coordination with QA team with regards to the approved specs of the products lines.
- Actively assist in reducing wastage, moving dead stock, monitoring perishable items use by dates and keep wastage levels to a bare minimum.
- Assist in planning new menu implementations with the operations departments.
- Manage supplier delivery times so that they coincide with the needs of the company.
- Monitor and manage food related wastage in collaboration with other operational departments.
- Plan and Maintain the weekly purchasing plan.
- Reduce food costs without compromising service and quality levels.
- Taking ownership of and compiling the monthly stock take.
- Maximise the company’s position by tying in prices for fixed terms.
- Visiting and auditing current and new suppliers as required.
- Attending business food and drink shows to make new business contacts.
- Assist Goods-in Manager to help maintain healthy stocks of all food categories.
- Chair the Production Planning Meeting / Materials Meeting.
- Weekly/ Monthly meetings with team to discuss and address departmental issues / individual issues.
- Check and follow up on the work of the Purchasing Assistants and to be able to cover their roles in their absence.
- To carry out any other reasonable tasks in conjunction with the demands of the business.
- Strong knowledge of sage 200
- 2 yrs+ experience in food manufacturing or similar