***Quality and Technical System's Officer**
Support the Quality Systems Manger with a QA reporting into them. Great opportunity for someone to progress in their career.
A producer and distributor of speciality artisan food producers across the globe. Supplying to restaurants and food manufacturers
- Delivering detailed and accurate finished product specifications that meets the high standards demanded by the customer.
- To effectively manage customer specification requests and customer queries
- Maintain the large customer portfolio of product specifications update.• Complete customer format specifications
- Collate when required other technical information to customers.
- Updating and reviewing supplier / specification databases
- Oversee the implementation of essential Quality checks in a food manufacturing environment.
- To highlight any non-conformances and follow up on points raised.
- To remain proactive in the approach of food quality standards
- To maintain GMP standards and provided support in continuous improvement.
- To develop good working relationships with operations and production teams
- Support project improvement activities.
- Deputise to other members of Technical Team.
- Supervise and oversees the completion of technical and quality checklist.
- Adhere to the BRC standard.
- Maintain the internal audit schedule.
- Closing out of non-conformances
Key job tasks:
- Support in the maintenance of the customer and supplier product specifications.
- Completing accurately all technical aspects of finished product specifications in line with internal requirements using online systems and word-based systems for NPD (New Product Development) Projects.
- When necessary complete customer’s Finished Product Specifications/ databases using online systems and Word-Based Documents
- Reviewing and maintaining finished product specifications for the site, covering all live product specifications across the customer database.
- Producing accurate technical data derived from specification reviews for specification updates and artwork generation (Ingredient declarations, Nutrition information, Allergen Data, HACCP etc.);
- Oversees the completion of daily essential factory Quality Assurance checks eg temperature, calibration etc
- Maintain full technical calibration log and schedule equipment in for servicing / calibration.
- To provide support/guidance to production staff with completion of documentation and provide training when issues are found.
- Ensure essential micro sampling program is adhered to eg micro, water, swabs
- To maintain integrity of food safety documentation through the record storage folder
- Be an active member of the site HACCP team and work closely with site managers and supervisors to ensure that the factory operates in such a way that food safety and quality objectives are met.
- Complete CCP audits as required.
- Update and maintain the Quality Management System and create SOP for various activities relating to Food safety and Quality.
- Maintain the quality of products being manufactured including a programme of QAS testing.
- Ensure QA forms are available and correct versions in place, completed forms are checked and filed.
- Carry out allocated audits to schedule (GMP, CCP), write up and close out non-conformances as required via Non-Conformance log.
- Ensure labelling database meets legal requirements on pack.
- Work with production, warehouse, and dispatch teams to identify non-conformances and implement corrective actions.
- To ensure Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) are adhered to and to approach any GMP issues with resolve and assist in preventing re-occurrence.
- To maintain quality standards in line with the BRC Global standards
- To be a champion in Quality Assurance
- Support for all Food Safety or Quality Assurance training
- To attend meetings or training commensurate to role
To apply for this role, please contact Louis Ferguson at Silven on either 0161 832 7463 or firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference LL/9784
If you work in FMCG or food & drink manufacturing and are looking for new opportunities please feel free to contact me.
I recruit Technical, Supply Chain, Operations, Production, Engineering and NPD