Calling all technical managers with a love of cake!
We’re Cakesmiths, one of the UK’s leading independent bakeries, making, baking and selling cakes to coffee shops across the land. We’re driven by a passion for creating amazing cakes, by hand, in small batches which we then freeze and deliver to our customers throughout the UK.
Our customers know us for award-winning handmade cakes that taste great and made with the highest quality, and we’re on the lookout for a technical manager to help us continue to deliver that to them.
You’ll be joining a fast-growing business, proud of its AA BRC accreditation and 100 strong team.
As technical manager, you’ll have two main areas of accountability:
- Technical – product specification (through Erudus and customer-specific product specs) including QSR, supplier audit, maintenance and leadership of BRC accreditation to maintain our AA status. You’ll also be leading HACCP customer and trade body audits.
- Quality control – delivered through QSR and taste panels and ensuring that the quality is at the heart of what we do across the business
You’ll be ensuring:
- Accurate completion of Specifications and QSR sheets. We currently use Erudus for all internal specifications in time for product launches
- Compliance to BRC standards and the maintenance of audits internal and external with accuracy and traceability with your small team.
- Compliance to current food safety legislation and conformance on inspection
- Maintenance of staff training on hygiene and food safety.
- Site maintenance to ensure a clean, tidy and safe work environment to the standards set
- Quality – Compliance of the product to QSR as set with strong NPS results and customer feedback on quality
A proven record previous success in working in a similar role within the food industry
- Previous responsibility for formal site audits which must include BRC.
- At least 4 years’ experience of management of people and resources
- Team leadership and motivational skills, with examples
- Strong communication, organisational, problem-solving skills.
- To grow your career in a fast-moving, dynamic and industry-leading workplace
- c£40,000 + benefits (negotiable)
- Six month and annual review
- A great working environment with fantastic colleagues
- Discount at our own coffee shops in Bristol
- Regular company events, pizza nights and get togethers
- As much cake as you can eat!