Position: Compliance and Facilities Manager
Based: Littleborough, UK
Salary: Competitive + Benefits
Responsible for ensuring site engineering compliance across all statutory areas, also responsible for facilitation and implementation of best in class facilities management, utilities performance and assessment policies and processes.
- Strategic day to day management of a key 3rd party supplier
- Drive engineering compliance/compliance register
- FM support & experience around Site critical audits
- Act as point of contact for third party inspection agencies
- site duty holder is in place for Electrical systems, Legionella management, Pressure systems, Lifting, F-gas. Maintain documentation including registers and written schemes of inspection ensuring sufficient resources to execute the requirements of these roles. L8 regulations site owner
- Act as site owner for actions arising from property insurance inspections and other statutory inspections
- Management of facilities and utilities service contracts to improve reliability and performance
- Review of existing utility performance and identify/introduce changes in operation and equipment to deliver reduced consumption/costs
- Effluent Treatment Plant operational requirements
- Develop and own a site strategy for continuous improvement across utilities performance, engineering compliance and facilities management
- Provide expertise to develop improvement plans and investment plans in response to changes in relevant business expectations or legal requirements
- Liaise with the capital projects teams to ensure that optimal decisions are taken with regards to utilities investment as part of wider projects on site
- Monitor availability of new technology/approaches through market research and identify pilot opportunities
- Liaising with site management and ensure issues are communicated, priorities and actions are understood, and updates are provided.
- Ensuring, through the engineering team on site, there is always efficient and effective planned and reactive maintenance and that downtime is minimised.
- Carrying out root cause analysis and providing preventive measures to stop recurrence.
- Managing, monitoring and analysing CMMS on a regular basis, looking for trends and identifying areas of improvement.
- The safety and management of associated contractors and visitors.
- Ensuring that we meet all associated legislative requirement such as LEV, PAT, LOLER, Fixed Installation Testing etc. and for ensuring that remedial work is carried out.
- Attend daily, weekly and monthly management meetings, providing reports where applicable.
- Ensure you work within the restraints of the department’s budgets
- Owner of small-scale Capex projects relating to facilities/utilities
- Site responsibility for building maintenance and site facilities infrastructure
- Relevant qualification in a Facilities Management
- Networks across the business and externally to build rewarding relationships
- Significant experience in facilities management, ideally in a food manufacturing experience
- Ideally degree educated in a relevant Engineering discipline
- Experience of Continuous Improvement tool and techniques
- Experience legislative requirements such as LEV, PAT, LOLER, Fixed Installation Testing, Boiler Operations, Chillers, Compressors
- A strong relationship builder with track record of delivering results by means of influence and persuasion.
- Strong service delivery ethos to key internal customers
- Proactive approach and capable of working in a rapidly changing environment.
- Flexible approach and professional attitude. Willing to own issues and work until they are resolved.
- BOAS trained
At McCormick, we bring our passion for flavor to work each day. We encourage growth, respect everyone's contributions and do what's right for our business, our people and our planet.
Founded in Baltimore, MD in 1889 in a room and a cellar by 25-year-old Willoughby McCormick with three employees, McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With 12,400 employees around the world and more than $5 Billion in annual sales, the Company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and flavors to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures, food service businesses and consumers
While our global headquarters are in the Baltimore, Maryland, USA area, McCormick operates and serves customers in 150 countries and territories in Asia-Pacific, China, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and the Americas with recognized brands including Schwartz.
At McCormick, we have over a culture based on our “Power of People” principle. This principle fosters an unusually dedicated workforce requiring a culture of respect, ethics and integrity and growth.
If you are looking for a new challenge and want to join a highly motivated team with a passion for flavour, then please apply via our careers centre at http://www.mccormickcorporation.com/Career-Center (job req.n° ...).
Agencies: McCormick as needed will work with external recruitment vendors through our Agency Portal. Unless previously contacted, McCormick does not accept unsolicited resumes from external recruiting agencies.
McCormick is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.