We're looking for a Supply Chain Manager, ideally with experience in food (human or pet!), who will help us make our ever-expanding range of tails.com food available to an increasing number of owners and dogs alike. We are expanding our routes to market, building upon our successful. You’re natural when it comes to the design, and delivery of integrated supply chain solutions from manufacturing through delivery and order to cash cycles.
Changing the world of pet food for good
We’re tails.com, a dog food company with a big difference. We create truly tailored food for each dog we serve. We start by asking people a few simple questions about their dog. Then we use that information to create their dog’s unique tails.com recipe – so their dog gets exactly the nutrition they need, in the taste they love, delivered to their door every month. It’s clever stuff.
We’ve got ambitious plans. Having created an entirely new category in pet food, we’re now scaling fast in the UK and Europe – backed by Purina, one of the world’s largest pet food companies. You’ll join a bunch of smart people working towards the same goals – and a bunch of smart-ish dogs, all working on their own thing.
Together, we’ll change the world of pet food for good.
Build our Supply Chain Capability
We’re building an international brand, fast. We set ambitious goals. We challenge and support each other in equal measure. At the pace we’re moving, we prefer to test ideas and learn quickly rather than spend months building a business case. That means we celebrate when things go right, and we learn when things go wrong. And then we go for lunch…. its then that we need the supply chain professionals to design and deliver.
Sound like a team you want to join? Here’s how you’ll make a difference:
We will be launching a new venture! As Supply Chain Manager, you will be responsible for the delivery of this from a supply chain and logistics perspective – you will lead on design, implementation, process development and ongoing operational execution. Exceptional levels of customer service and compliance are the standard.
The things you’ll do
- Build credible and collaborative working relationships with our manufacturing/co-packing & fulfilment partners, customers, and cross functional contacts…design, deliver and scale.
- As we roll-out the portfolio, ensure the systems, integration points, and processes support effective execution - order to cash cycle and legal framework compliance.
- Lead the Sales & Operations Planning Process (S&OP)
- Own the forecast and key supply chain parameters including inventory & supply planning elements.
- Own adherence to plan both co-packer and resultant customer KPIs.
- Own co-packer relationship – all elements; performance to plan, NPD cycle, logistics, inventory & working capital, COGs, and most importantly quality.
- Own customer KPIs – availability, execution and quality.
- Full time, 5 days a week
- Permanent FTE
- Hybrid working (2-3 days in the office + work from home)
The skills you’ll bring
- Demonstrable track record (and/or recognised supply chain qualification).
- Comprehensive experience in managing both co-packing, logistics and supply chain partners
- Keen understanding of the systems required to facilitate effective execution both supply chain and financial – from EDI through ERP
- Flexibility, and the problem-solving skills required to succeed in a fast-paced sales environment
- Excellent presentation skills with attention to detail for creating visually impactful presentations – key reporting & influencing skills
- A confident communicator with experience managing and influencing multiple stakeholders and external partners
- Comfortable with a fast-moving and ever-changing environment, high levels of personal integrity, professionalism, and ownership and accountability for personal and supply chain performance
- Highly numerate – strong analytically
- Strong negotiator & look for a win-win opportunities with our co-packers, supply chain partners and other partners
- Highly organized with prioritization skills
- We’re proud to be an active equal opportunity employer.
- We want to give everyone a fair chance to join us in changing the world of pet food for good. We do this by conducting a structured recruitment process for all candidates, as well as actively promoting our roles to communities that are under-represented at tails.com.
- During your interview process you’ll meet some of our team with varying levels of responsibility and experience. We want to give every candidate a fair interview process and if you need any reasonable adjustments made, please let us know.
What's in it for you?
You’ll get a competitive salary, reviewed annually, and from day one will be a shareholder in tails.com.
We’re proud to be on a high growth trajectory and offer the chance to work in an environment and with a team that will constantly challenge, support and develop you.
You’ll start on 25 days of holiday which will increase in the time you’re with us. On top of this, we offer optional unpaid leave and a paid volunteer day each year.
For expectant parents, we have extended maternity, paternity, shared parental and adoption pay.
We have shed loads of other great benefits, visit our careers page for more info.