We’re the team behind tails.com and we’re launching a whole new world of tailored food. We're now looking for a Production Manager on a contract basis to help us scale our processes and change the world of pet food for good.
Changing the world of pet food for good
We’re the team behind tails.com and we’re launching a whole new world of tailored food. Republic of Cats is here to bring delicious nutritious food for each cat tailored to their needs and goals. Shiny coats? Tick. Flavour variety? Tick. Happier cats? Tick.
We’ve got a track record in launching new things: 6 years ago, we launched tails.com, a dog food subscription company with a big difference. tails.com creates truly tailored food for each and every dog. So each dog gets exactly the nutrition they need, in the taste they love, delivered to their door every month. It’s clever stuff.
We’re scaling fast: we’ve grown tails.com from zero customers to hundreds of thousands across the UK and Europe and now our dedicated start up team are set to welcome cats from across the lands to our Republic of Cats too. We’ve got ambitious plans and we’re backed by Purina, one of the world’s largest pet food companies. You’ll join a bunch of smart people working towards the same goals.
We think it’s time cats got a taste of the difference a tailored diet can bring, want to join us?
Together, we’ll change the world of pet food for good.
Republic of Cats Operations
Here at Republic of Cats, we’re building a brand new product and brand, fast, designed from scratch for our customers. That means that our Operations Team are responsible for creating a tailored product for each and every cat, and delivering it to our customers on time and in beautiful condition. It means we design the processes that make it possible to do what Republic of Cats does – meeting challenges and finding new ways to do incredible things.
At the pace we’re moving, we prefer to test ideas and learn quickly rather than spend months building a business case. We thrive on innovative, different ideas as well as doing the fundamentals well. That means we celebrate when things go right, and we learn when things go wrong.
Sound like a team you want to join? Here’s how you’ll make a difference.
We’re looking for a Production Manager to spearhead the development and management of our Production team. You’ll spend your time rapidly scaling our team to support our ambitious growth targets while implementing and maintaining first class safety, quality, cost and people processes. This is a 12 month fixed term contract.
The things you’ll do
- Manage your team and resources to effectively produce orders on time, in full and at the correct cost point
- Rapidly scale production capability and team, working with our agency partners
- Establish an operator training program to continually improve quality and standards
- Work with Supply Chain to improve warehouse management systems and inwards goods procedures
- Be responsible for a key part of COGS and will directly be involved in Gross Margin improving activity
- Project delivery of key initiatives to continually improve the performance and efficiency of our production process and facility.
The skills you’ll bring
- Entrepreneurial thinking and action. You’re regularly taking on new opportunities, seeking out solutions to challenging situations and making things happen
- Functional skills that mean you can hit the ground running from day one:
- Proven track record in driving meaningful improvements within a production environment
- Analytical approach to results and able to draw relevant insights and action
- Clear understanding of production economics and levers available
- Have excellent communication skills (fluent written and spoken English). Will demonstrate ability to communicate clearly, concisely and firmly with internal and external stakeholders where appropriate
- Excellent interpersonal skills with proven people management experience
- A team player, working collaboratively with a number of different colleagues, agencies and stakeholders to get the best out of everyone
- A high capacity for working in an ever developing situation and growing environment. You will be comfortable working with minimal guidance and be empowered to take full ownership over your area of responsibilities.
- Customer-led mindset that means you’re curious, learning and applying new insight to enhance your results through better customer outcome
We’re proud to be an active equal opportunity employer.
We want to give everyone a fair chance to join us in changing the world of pet food for good. We do this by conducting a structured recruitment process for all candidates, as well as actively promoting our roles to communities that are under-represented at tails.com.
During your interview process you’ll meet some of our team with varying levels of responsibility and experience. We want to give every candidate a fair interview process and if you need any reasonable adjustments made, please let us know.
What's in it for you?
We’re proud to be on a high growth trajectory and with that, proud to offer the chance to work in an environment and with a team that will constantly challenge and develop you.
You’ll get a competitive salary, and start on 25 days of holiday, optional unpaid leave and a paid volunteer day each year (all prorated to the length of your contract).
We have shed loads of other great benefits, visit our careers page for more info.