Procurement/Purchasing Manager – Packaging
Posted by: Silven
Job Title: Procurement/Purchasing Manager
Salary: 45-50k , Bonus + Excellent Benefits ,
Flexible -Working from Home 3 days a week/ 2 days office
As with all market leading FMCG companies, our client is operating in an ever-changing market environment, and they are keen to recruit a super talented Purchasing Manager with a considerable knowledge of the packaging industry (both in the UK & overseas) and ideally within the food/fmcg manufacturing industry.
As Purchasing Manager ,you will be key to ensure their supply base, needs & cost base is ‘fit for the future’. This is a huge opportunity to drive change in categories that are seen as the ‘life blood’ of their business. Up for a new challenge ? They are waiting to interview you !
- We’re looking for a graduate calibre Procurement Manager, preferably MCIPS qualified and being from a Packaging background is essential.
- You’ll have a strong track record as a Procurement Manager, managing a multi-million pound spend along with superb commercial awareness.
- You must be driven and ambitious as there are opportunities available for successful individuals.
- You’ll have a passion for what you do and always deliver to the very highest standards. You work with openness, honesty, and integrity.
- You need a demonstrated track record of strong negotiating performance and high level analytical problem solving business skills.
- You will report to the Head of Purchasing and as a key member of the team you will strive to deliver the business’s growth strategy and the goals in support of the development of world class performance and facilities.
- As Procurement Manager you will implement purchasing strategies to achieve continuous improvement and competitive advantage across all suppliers.
- Additional engagement with European partners and supply chain leads to focus on regional/local spend items leveraging cost improvement and efficiency savings for European partners including supply to the UK.
- You will continually investigate and recommend new and comparable materials, techniques, etc. that may increase the Company’s systems profitability, productivity and effectiveness.
- Keeping abreast of market trends and commodity information is an essential part of this role.
- You will work and liaise closely with Marketing/Finance and Commercial teams to prioritise needs and ensure full operational understanding.
To apply for this exciting opportunity with this leading business , please send a copy of your CV quoting ref MC 9815 consultant Maxime Cable or call her on 07792 465247 for a confidential discussion.