Job ref: 7874 | £23,000 - £25,000 + shift allowance | Kent
This role is working for a company that was founded on a set of principles and a vision to become a leading, global supplier of products.
This family-run and friendly business utilises a unique combination of their rich heritage and expert advice to help their customers succeed.
The purpose of your role as Laboratory Analyst is to conduct routine QC analysis as part of the quality control process, ensuring results are accurate and repeatable so the results provided can be trusted.
Excellent career progression opportunities are available for the right individual.
- Undertake all routine testing of raw materials, intermediates, finished products and external products.
- Analysis of wastewater, ensuring it is within legal requirements for release.
- Provide support to the daily laboratory function such as stocking equipment, preparation of solutions, equipment calibration, retention sample storage and preparing samples for customer requests.
- Participate in the training and competence assessments of other Laboratory Analysts to ensure knowledge is transferred accurately.
- Ensure stock levels are maintained and ordering of lab consumables.
- Participate in internal and external repeatability tests to evaluate the accuracy level of the laboratory's systems.
To be considered for the Laboratory Analyst, you will:
- Possess laboratory experience, most preferably within a food or beverage environment.
- Preferably a degree holder in a food science or other scientific discipline.
- Excellent communication skills to work closely with the production team.
- IT literate
The Laboratory Analyst job is based in Kent and is paying £23,000 - £25,000 according to your experience.
The package also includes an additional shift allowance of approximately £3,000 extra per year.
The working hours are rotating shifts of 6 am – 2 pm and 2 pm - 10 pm, Monday to Friday.
How to apply
To be considered for the Laboratory Analyst job, please click the Apply button.
After submitting your CV, we aim to contact you in 1-2 business days on the assumption that your skills and experience match the job requirements.
On applying for this job, you consent to b3 jobs ltd holding your details on file to contact you about your job search. For full details of our GDPR policy, please refer to the b3 jobs website.
Alternate job titles
Laboratory Technician | Laboratory Assistant | Food Lab Assistant | Food Science Jobs | Research Assistant