So what will I be doing?
In this role you'll be key in supporting the business in projects and implementation. You'll openly share your technical knowledge and insight to help shape processes and procedures. You'll also be maintaining and developing systems and tools to support data led decisions, which ensure safe and legal products at all times.
- Maintaining and promoting HACCP and TACCP as tools to identifying and controlling risks throughout the site, with full engagement from all relevant stakeholders, ensuring change control is captured.
- Driving compliance to Yeo Valley Manufacturing Standard and providing expertise and guidance on implementation of industry and customer standards.
- Utilising data trending to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Collating and reporting on measures of success to demonstrate Due Diligence has been achieved.
- Analysing the site's gaps and evaluating data, making recommendations and implementing improvements.
- Guiding the Operations team in writing simple clear procedures, fit for purpose.
- Assessing regulatory compliance of proposed product optimisation interventions.
- Carrying out reviews to ensure the overall effectiveness of the audits and program to ensure the process adds value.
- Assisting and leading external audits & customer visits
- Managing the system and timeline to ensure smooth launch of product development projects.
- Taking the lead in driving simplification to improve compliance to standards.
- Utilising business horizon scanning data to keep abreast of new developments, assessing their impacts on the site and products we make.
Sounds interesting, what do I need?
The important things:
- A high level of Attention to detail
- Good communication and influencing skills
- A passion for HACCP, TACCP and systems
- HACCP Level 4
- A logical pragmatic approach to site compliance
- Good IT skills
Even better if:
- You have previous experience in similar role
- You have detailed process knowledge and an understanding of operational constraints
Why should I join the family?
We’re independent, British and proud to be making the highest quality yogurts, desserts and ice cream under the Yeo Valley brand and for many of the UK’s major retailers. Operating from four dairies and two logistics centres in Somerset and Devon, we employ over 1700 staff and produce more than 25% of the UK’s packaged yogurt.
We’re sure you don’t need convincing, but there’s a whole host of benefits that we offer including:
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- non-contributory pension scheme
- life cover
- healthcare cash back plan
- cycle to work scheme
- subsidised Yeo Valley products and services
- preferential rates with our partners
- annual bonus (as part of the Employee Benefit Trust, based on company performance for the year)
- learning and development opportunities; we’re committed to ensuring all of our employees have the chance to grow
Our closing dates are a guide for when the application window should close, although we may close the advert sooner if we can. So, we recommend you get your application in straight away – and don’t miss the opportunity to join us!
Unfortunately, we’re not able to provide employment sponsorship to candidates at this moment in time.
Please note that Yeo Valley do not accept speculative agency applications; we will only accept applications from preferred suppliers that have been submitted to us via our recruitment portal at the point of instruction.