Job Title: Engineers -Multi -Skilled -Shifts 4 on 4 off Night shift
Location: North Scarle, Lincolnshire
Salary: Attractive salary range to attract candidates with both potential and experience
To maintain our growth and ambition we have embarked on a huge investment in our packing centres, with automation, robotics and a desire to have a state-of-the-art production centre. But we can’t do that without your help. Why? Because it’s our people that make us who we are.
Due to this growth we are currently recruiting engineers.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager you will be ensuring the smooth running of the factory by resolving predominately mechanical and electrical breakdowns, delivering maintenance and driving improvements across the site in terms of new machinery, hygiene, quality, and performance.
Every individual has a responsibility for Health and Safety, and this must be at the forefront of all engineering activity.
- Expected to carry out all maintenance across the factory, in both a low care and high care environment.
- Attend to breakdowns onsite ensuring that there is always a rapid response and that plant equipment and machinery breakdown time is minimised. Always endeavour to reduce downtime of site plant and machinery.
- Carry out repairs to plant and equipment during production, effectively and efficiently, either alone and/or as part of a team;
- To carry out PPM onsite whilst always ensuring that there is a pro-active approach to planned maintenance and a high PPM output
- Deliver on plant uptime and maintenance KPIs through planned, preventative & predictive maintenance
- Deliver improvement work on machinery and site improvement work
- Ensure Engineering time is managed effectively and that that there is low Engineering down-time
- Hands on ability. This is not a theoretical engineering role
- Multi-skilled with formal engineering qualification to ONC, NVQ Level 3 or higher, in an electrical or mechanical subject
- Nationally recognised apprenticeship in an engineering discipline
Training and Education:
The jobholder may be expected to complete training in the following areas. The requirements will be dependent on the jobholder’s previous experience, knowledge, qualifications, and the demands of the specific activities.
- Health & Safety
- Technical and process training applicable to the role
- Manual handling
- Manual/Electric pallet truck
- Safe systems of work
- Food handling/hygiene
Why Noble Foods? It`s a chance to be part of an innovative, fast-moving business with a £500m+ turnover – and very humble beginnings. Our story started in 1920 when William Dean sold eggs door to door from a basket. A hundred years later, we`re providing major stores and businesses with a range of much-loved brands. They include Big & Fresh, Heritage Breeds, Purely Organic and The Happy Egg Co., Britain`s market leader. Our Milling Division manufactures around 750,000 tonnes of feed every year from five feed mills, supplying poultry and pig feed to livestock producers throughout the UK, as well as being able to supply home mixers with straight raw materials. To our Poultry Division where we process spent hens, chickens and broiler breeders to meet the highest standards required by our customers and the RSPCA, so concern for hen welfare is central to everything we do.
We offer a range of appetising benefits plus training and development in return for your hard work:
- Special staff prices for eggs (a reduced rate per dozen)
- Staff offers on chicken
- PerkBox – a range of discounted items including cinema tickets and a free drink of your choice per month from a High Street Coffee retailer
- Enhanced holiday scheme, which increases with length of service
If you wish to apply for this role please click on the apply button with a copy of your up to date cv in word format quoting ref number 2962/181fmj
Not right for you? We’d still like to speak with you about other opportunities, so please do send an up to date copy of your CV in word format and we will call you.
All third-party and direct applications will be forwarded to our Outsourced Recruitment Partner, Veritas Partnership Limited.
Applicants to the positions advertised by Veritas Partnership Ltd consent to Veritas holding their data in pursuance of recruitment services for this and future roles.