Food Development Technologist
Job ref: 62989 | £30,000 - £40,000 | North Wales
We are seeking a talented and passionate individual to work for a leading provider of premium quality specialist products to restaurants, foodservice, and retailers throughout the UK.
With a constantly expanding portfolio and innovative approach to food, the business can provide customers with products tailored to their individual needs.
As Food Development Technologist, you will oversee the food product development process, from initial brief and concept, through to successful launch. Alongside this you will review and identify opportunities to improve existing processes and production yields in the factory
The company are currently undergoing expansion due to their ongoing success; therefore, this is an exciting time to join the team.
- To lead and facilitate the introduction of new processes, equipment and production of new and existing products - delivering products from the test kitchen to full scale factory launch, ensuring compliance to all relevant quality, food safety standards customer codes of practice.
- To assist with the development of documentation for product launches, including specifications, process flows, photographic standards etc.
- To manage the NPD process for the introduction of new products, processes and technologies, developing and delivering critical paths for each project.
- To communicate with Factory teams to ensure a smooth handover from test kitchen approval to product launch.
- To manage the approval of artwork and packaging where appropriate.
- To manage and coordinate material and packaging requirements to ensure that everything is available for factory trails.
- To evaluate existing products and processes, recommending and implementing improvements to reduce cost, increase efficiency and effectiveness, whilst enhancing the quality of our products.
- To attend and support the weekly Meat to Meat meetings (production yield reviews)
- To facilitate and support members of the factory team on various technical / NPD projects.
- To conduct comprehensive factory trials providing reports detailing progress and outcomes.
- To provide hands on factory support and guidance to departments and staff as needed, ensuring compliance with quality standards and validation regulations.
- To trouble shoot and resolve technical, production and process issues in the factory.
- To maintain up to date knowledge and understanding of the latest regulatory requirements for validation.
- To develop and manage relationships with raw material suppliers to ensure awareness of new trends.
- To produce test kitchen samples and present products to customers when necessary
We are looking for an ambitious and confident individual who is keen to be involved at each NPD stage. A serious passion for everything food is essential!
- Food product development experience (ideally 3 years+).
- Ideally degree educated in a food science, food technology or similar.
- Background of working with retailers and their COPs preferred.
- IT literate including Microsoft Office
The Food Development Technologist job is based in North Wales and paying £30,000 - £40,000 according to experience.
The package also includes 28 days annual leave (including bank holidays) and pension.
This role is based on a 40 hour week to suit the requirements of the job.
How to apply
If you would like to be considered for the Food Development Technologist job, please click the Apply button.
After you have submitted your CV, we will aim to contact you in 1-2 business days on the assumption that your skills and experience match the job requirements.
On applying for this job, you consent to b3 jobs ltd holding your details on file to be able to contact you about your job search, for full details of our GDPR policy, please refer to the b3 jobs website.
b3 jobs is a professional, friendly, and progressive food recruitment consultancy established in 2000 dedicated to the food manufacturing industry. We are a market leader for permanent jobs within food and drink manufacturing throughout the UK. All our consultants have considerable recruitment experience, so you can be confident they have your best interests at heart when finding the perfect job for you.
Alternative job titles
Senior Development Technologist | Food Scientist | NPD Technician | Food Product Technologist | Ingredients Technologist | Food Manufacturing Development Jobs | NPD Manager | Development Manager | Food Science Jobs | Food NPD Jobs