Production Shift Manager - Nights
Job ref: 7886 | £35,000 - £40,000 | Cambridgeshire
This role is working for a global, branded food processor that was founded on a set of principles and a vision to provide high quality products and service to all their customers worldwide.
The purpose of your role as Production Shift Manager is to effectively coach and develop a pro-active Production and Hygiene team that will strive to achieve, and improve, ongoing business objectives and KPIs.
- Oversee the production processes, manage the day-to-day production schedule, and ensure all production functionality is cost effective.
- Oversee the hygiene processes to ensure the factory is cleaned to a high standard in line with agreed specifications and compliance with current legislation and industry best practice.
- Ensure the production schedule is updated regularly and any changes are discussed and agreed with the planning team.
- Embrace and encourage a continuous improvement culture.
- Manage the training process, ensuring all relevant training requirements are planned and carried out effectively.
- Ensure all HACCP requirements are adhered to.
- Ensure safe systems of work are adhered to at all times and any accidents and incidents are investigated.
You will have a strong food manufacturing production track record together with excellent man-management skills (managing a team of direct reports up to 150 people).
You will also have:
- Excellent numeracy, literacy, and computer skills.
- Good understanding of Lean principles or similar.
- Strong understanding of production planning and control of KPI’s, specifically labour.
- Understanding of current GMP practices in line with BRC guidelines
The Production Shift Manager job is based in Cambridgeshire and is paying £35,000 - £40,000 according to your experience.
The holiday entitlement and benefits include 19.5 days holiday per year, matching pension contribution of up to 6% of basic salary plus 2x salary Life Insurance.
This is a permanent night shift role. The working hours are a rotating pattern of Week 1 - Wednesday to Saturday, Week 2 - Thursday to Saturday, 8 pm to 8 am.
How to apply
To be considered for the Production Shift Manager job, please click the Apply button.
After submitting your CV, we aim to contact you in 1-2 business days on the assumption that your skills and experience match the job requirements.
On applying for this job, you consent to b3 jobs ltd holding your details on file to contact you about your job search. For full details of our GDPR policy, please refer to the b3 jobs website.