Our client, a bulk food processor who is passionate about sustainability is looking for a Technical Manager for their site based in Warwickshire. The successful candidate will manage a small Quality and Laboratory team and lead the delivery and maintenance of standards and processes to meet all legal, regulatory and compliance requirements.
Reporting directly to the CEO, responsibilities for the role will include:
- Developing and maintaining the Quality Management System to current BRCGS and customer standards
- Leading the delivery and maintenance of standards and processes required to meet all legal, regulatory and compliance standards (FSA, TSO, EHO, BRCGS, CLAS, HACCP)
- Leading and developing customer facing relationships to ensure customer audits run smoothly and all accreditations are progressed as required
- Ensuring continual adherence to all agreed food hygiene and safety standards
- Maintaining critical control points, PRP’s, traceability and the allergen management system, ensuring that all employees are complying with procedures and verify that paperwork is checked and completed correctly
- Ensuring the onsite laboratory is well run and meeting required standards
- Analysing laboratory results, identifying trends and reporting deviations
Essential / Desirable skills and experience include:
- Experience in a Senior Technical / Quality Management role within Food Manufacturing
- Leading customer and 3rd party audits including BRCGS
- Implementing UK Food Safety Law
- Leading a small Technical team
- Formal HACCP training
- Ideally, Lead Assessor Auditor trained
- Experience managing an on-site chemistry laboratory desirable
- Sustainability is important to the company; the facility is powered by renewable energy and the production methods result in zero waste; Big performance with a small footprint
- Small, dynamic and enthusiastic team, proud of championing UK farming and healthy eating in a sustainable way
- Greenfield production facility
- Attracts employees with a can-do attitude with ambition and creative thinking
- The company culture suits candidates who are proactive and flexible, with the commitment and drive to help drive the business forward
The role offers a competitive salary of £50k-£60k commensurate with experience and will be a Monday to Friday site-based role.
If this role is of interest, please apply AS SOON AS POSSIBLE quoting reference number JJ-P4567 with an updated CV, an indication of your current salary and your availability.