Job ref: 7896 | £18,000 - £22,000 | Greater Manchester
This role is working for a successful, BRC AA Graded food manufacturer.
The business produces high-quality food products and exceptional service to enable their food manufacturing customers to innovate and increase productivity without compromising on quality.
As Production Planner, you will play a key role in role in ensuring customer orders are produced and deliveries are met on time and in full. You will also develop and maintain customer relationships to help preserve business flow and meet agreed targets.
- Confirm all the orders from the previous day.
- Book in the previous days production on Axapta, escalating ingredient issues with the Warehouse and Logistics Manager.
- Throughout the day, run Master Scheduling on Axapta and place orders on the plan for maximum efficiency.
- Liaise with the Goods Out & Warehouse department to identify shortages and to organise transport accordingly
- Maintain strong customer relations, ensure any shortages, late deliveries and balance orders are communicated to sales and designated customers.
- Liaise with the Production Manager regarding trials going to plant
This role may suit a supply chain, planning or business graduate looking to start their supply chain career. It would also suit someone with experience in a supply chain support role, who would like to move into production planning.
Good administration skills are essential – the role requires strong organisational skills in a fast-paced environment, as well as the ability to plan your work efficiently and effectively.
Any production planning experience would be a great advantage, as would a background working in FMCG, especially food manufacturing.
You will also be IT literate including intermediate Microsoft Excel and ideally ERP software.
The Production Planner job is based in Greater Manchester and is paying £18,000 - £22,000 according to your experience.
The working hours are Monday to Thursday, 8 am - 4.30 pm, and Friday 7.30 am – 3 pm.
How to apply
To be considered for the Production Planner job, please click the Apply button.
After submitting your CV, we aim to contact you in 1-2 business days on the assumption that your skills and experience match the job requirements.
On applying for this job, you consent to b3 jobs ltd holding your details on file to contact you about your job search. For full details of our GDPR policy, please refer to the b3 jobs website.
Alternate job titles
Material Planner | Production Planning Jobs | Food Manufacturing Planning | Demand Planner | Raw Materials Planner | FMCG Planning Jobs