Position: Plant Supply Chain Team Leader
Based: Haddenham, UK
Salary: Competitive + benefits
In this role you will be responsible for the day to day operation of the Haddenham plant Raw Materials team (Raw Materials scheduling, materials planning and inventory management). You will use SAP MRP to optimise raw material and packaging stock holding in line with stock holding policies to support the forward production schedule and drive and own the process to review obsolete and slow moving stock, challenging business processes to improve results where necessary. You will also drive continuous improvement in the warehouse methodologies and practices in line with our journey to excellence and coach and develop the raw material schedulers with succession planning in mind.
- Provide leadership and oversight to all facets of the Haddenham raw materials & logistics team, including materials purchasing planning, inventory management, product life cycle change management, disposals, risk and SLOB management and master data governance.
- Take the 4-week plans from the production scheduler and monitor, escalate and manage risks and opportunities related to raw materials supply.
- Identify and implement improvements to working practices to improve efficiency, performance and reliability in the warehouse and broader Supply Chain operation where appropriate or directed.
- Carry out weekly review of obsolescence and manage with internal stakeholders to improve performance across the supply chain end to end.
- Manage the TECO and cycle count programmes to maintain process order and inventory accuracy in line with SOX controls.
- Responsible for the tactical and strategic factory materials and inventory plans, set targets, manage year on year stock value / inventory turnover improvements to support UK Supply Chain targets.
- Report relevant KPIs for the plant supply chain management.
- Oversee development and coaching of departmental team members. Develop individual goals for direct reports and ensure alignment to functional OGSM's. Follow up and monitor progress of individual goals and adjust as necessary to changes in business priorities and objectives.
- Build bench strength in materials management, scheduling, SAP and APO.
- Represent Haddenham Supply Chain planning on local, regional and global projects, with regard to Commercialisation, CCI and engineering changes.
- Degree qualified, or equivalent,
- A relevant post graduate qualification in Supply Chain is desirable, but not essential,
- Working experience in Operations, Supply Chain background with proven track record of target focused delivery in fast paced Operational environment,
- Working knowledge of cycle count process,
- Experience with SAP and APO,
- Experience of production and materials planning and management,
- Experience in fast paced FMCG work environment,
- Track record of achieving results,
- Proven track record of project leadership,
- Ability to deal with complexity and change,
- Customer focused,
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills,
- Strong user of IT,
- Experience of inventory analysis and management, including managing and leading improvements in inventory turnover / stock accuracy and JIT / Kanban processes.
At McCormick, we bring our passion for flavor to work each day. We encourage growth, respect everyone's contributions and do what's right for our business, our people and our planet.
Founded in Baltimore, MD in 1889 in a room and a cellar by 25-year-old Willoughby McCormick with three employees, McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With 12,400 employees around the world and more than $5 Billion in annual sales, the Company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and flavors to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures, food service businesses and consumers
While our global headquarters are in the Baltimore, Maryland, USA area, McCormick operates and serves customers in 150 countries and territories in Asia-Pacific, China, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and the Americas with recognized brands including Schwartz.
At McCormick, we have over a culture based on our “Power of People” principle. This principle fosters an unusually dedicated workforce requiring a culture of respect, ethics and integrity and growth.
If you are looking for a new challenge and want to join a highly motivated team with a passion for flavour, then please apply via our careers centre at http://www.mccormickcorporation.com/Career-Center (job req.n° 95571).
Agencies: McCormick as needed will work with external recruitment vendors through our Agency Portal. Unless previously contacted, McCormick does not accept unsolicited resumes from external recruiting agencies.
McCormick is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.