At Caffe Nero, our philosophy is simple: premium Italian coffee, a warm and welcoming atmosphere, great food and fantastic personal service. To deliver that philosophy we are uncompromising in seeking out people who are not only at the top of their game but who also share our enthusiasm and outlook.
We are looking for a hands on Technical Manager (Food) to join our team.
Typically you will spend time at our office in Covent Garden in London, where you will come together with colleagues in Commercial, Technical and Marketing. The rest of your time will be with suppliers and home working.
This is a multi-functional technical role covering technical, quality, legal and packaging to ensure diligence is maintained across the Caffe Nero Group. Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Technical management and support of the Isle of Ireland and some UK suppliers
- Providing technical information and advice to the Caffe Nero brands to ensure legal compliance, maintenance of group standards and best practice
- Approval and sign off of store labels and documentation
- Providing support for complaint investigations and customer queries
- Providing the technical and food safety knowledge to projects and new initiatives as required
- Specification management
- Artwork approval
You will be someone who enjoys a hands-on challenge and wants to make a positive difference. You’ll also have …
- A degree in Food Science or related discipline
- A solid background in a technical function within food manufacturing or food retail
- Knowledge of legal label requirements for UK and Ireland
- Experience of HACCP and other food safety management systems and documentation
- Confidence and the ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- The ability to work on multiple projects – managing your time effectively and to tight deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- Great communication skills – with the ability to convey technical information in a clear manner to non-technical stakeholders
- A passion for food and drink
We’ve got some pretty great benefits too …
- 25 days annual leave + 8 days bank holiday (which increases with length of service)
- 50% employee discount on handcrafted drinks
- Access to Bean Box- our benefits platform which offers you loads of discounts and freebies at the touch of a button
- Private Medical care through Vitality
- Cashplan Healthcare scheme
- Life Assurance
- Length of service recognition
- Free hand-crafted coffee and tea at Neal Street- and we’ll give you the training so you know how to make really great coffee too!
If you feel you could bring your personality to a fun and energetic team, why not apply to us today …