Position: EMEA Project Engineering Manager
Based: Haddenham, UK
Salary: Competitive + benefits
The Senior Project Manager will have responsibility for managing a variety of projects - Primarily large, multi-faceted projects (up to 20M) that will require coordination and influence across several business functions (sales, marketing, packaging engineering, materials, quality, operations, maintenance, finance directors, plant managers, and the Director/VP level stakeholders. The Senior Project Manager will drive project engineering standards creation and implementation across the sites. The position will also manage projects ranging from smaller sub process projects with multiple installations, medium projects consisting of multiple process replacements or additions, handling all facets of the project. The role will lead teams of external project managers and project engineers to implement significant projects for the business.
This role will provide subject matter expertise for engineering, process and project safety leadership.
- Define project opportunities, define the scope of the projects, develop costs and schedules, produce a request for project funds and gain approval, develop project documentation and training materials, and implement the approved project
- Communicating the progress of the project to leadership, senior leadership and peers on project status
- Conduct a post project review, and audit (where appropriate) would be conducted to measure results, and document learning's that would be beneficial for work
- Managing budget and schedule - to keep project on track with active monitoring and course-correcting
- Developing and implementing (coaching use of) standards in engineering processes and specification standards
- Supports business partners in development of long term (5 - 10 year) site plans and (1 - 3 years) operational scenarios, some of this work will be treated confidentially.
- Supports sites by implementing capital projects and completing focused improvements, lead and coach stakeholder teams to successfully meet / exceed TPM targets and exploit learnings plant & business wide.
- Maintain good communication of project goals and methods throughout the Plant and Division to ensure the success of all projects by fostering a collaborative, participative atmosphere.
- Provides effective communication to stakeholders and teams re challenges and solutions. The role also recommends timely and effective improvements across the site and business
- Deliver effective equipment and system specifications to achieve outstanding vendor performance and vertical start-ups. Champion the EEM process to deliver projects effectively and provide ongoing development of the different tools & techniques
- Ability to strategically lead, coach, inspire and motivate employees at all levels of the organization. Specifically, ability to give technical leadership to other members of the team.
- Work with vendors, external agencies, regulatory bodies and leadership on compliance, performance specifications, technician training and successfully deliver capital projects.
- Degree in Engineering (Mechanical, electrical, industrial, or related)
- Manufacturing experience in food processing, pharmaceutical, or chemical process.
- Experience managing large complex projects and multi-disciplined teams.
- Understanding of equipment processes used in current and future manufacturing plants.
- Experience moving or closing facilities, or acquisition experience
- Possesses a persuasive presentation style that can sell business strategies to executives.
- Holds team members accountable without direct line supervision, manages through influence.
- Creates very detailed project plans.
- Holds vendors accountable.
- Strong negotiator among internal and external parties and between both parties.
- Sets and delivers against clear expectations.
- Develops processes and protocols in order to eliminate losses.
- Interaction level will be high among the incumbent and the director and VP level, across many functions, and with high expectations for accuracy and completeness of results.
- Process proven leadership, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Strong analytical, problem identifying/solving, project management, and decision-making skill required.
- Ability to translate business strategy into specific objectives and projects.
- Understanding of food manufacturing practices and ability to develop process improvements and solutions.
At McCormick, we bring our passion for flavor to work each day. We encourage growth, respect everyone's contributions and do what's right for our business, our people and our planet.
Founded in Baltimore, MD in 1889 in a room and a cellar by 25-year-old Willoughby McCormick with three employees, McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With 12,400 employees around the world and more than $5 Billion in annual sales, the Company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and flavors to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures, food service businesses and consumers
While our global headquarters are in the Baltimore, Maryland, USA area, McCormick operates and serves customers in 150 countries and territories in Asia-Pacific, China, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and the Americas with recognized brands including Schwartz.
At McCormick, we have over a culture based on our “Power of People” principle. This principle fosters an unusually dedicated workforce requiring a culture of respect, ethics and integrity and growth.