Savencia Fromage & Dairy is the worlds #5 cheese manufacturer and a major player in milk processing focused on cheese and milk specialities. We also specialise in other dairy products including delicatessen, seafood and chocolate. We are present in 29 countries and our products are sold in 120 countries. We have 80 production sites and employ 22,000 staff globally.
In the UK we specialise in distributing Continental Cheese to major UK retailers. We are also experts in Cheese Education and train our customers on continental cheeses.
Our Operations team, based in Westbury, are currently seeking a new Production Manager to take on the responsibility of the daily organisation and leadership of our production facility.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Manage all production activity – ensure the production plan is achieved, identify opportunities to reduce costs, maximise output and reduce waste
- Ensure production KPI’s are captured and achieved
- Promote a food safety and health and safety culture at all times
- Ensure quality standards are maintained
- Understand customer audit requirements, including BRC audit standards
- Collaborate with the engineering team to ensure breakdowns are resolved in a timely manner and prioritise PPM’s
- Control labour requirements
- Manage daily information flow in and out of the department – liaising with supply chain and technical stakeholders
- Ensure unity between production, hygiene and logistics teams
- Provide direction and development for the Production Supervisors to enable them to be effective in their roles.
- Build a capable team with regular team briefs, one to ones and conduct annual appraisals
- Experience working within a Food/Drink/FMCG environment is essential
- Strong technical know-how with excellent people management skills
- Ability to build strong relationships with key stakeholders
- Clear ability to inspire and lead a site team through change
- Appreciation and ability to drive significant improvement on site to improve the bottom line
- Strong commitment to Health and Safety / Product Quality and Site values
- Self-disciplined, self-motivated and positively minded with a can-do attitude (full of energy!)
- Project Management skills
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to quickly problem solve
- Confident with numbers
- Entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to spot an opportunity to increase revenue and execute it flawlessly
- Ability to interact with all levels within the business