Henley Bridge Ingredients Ltd
Role Description: Technical Admin Assistant
Reporting to: Technical Manager
Overall Role Purpose:
To support the Technical Manager in maintaining company policies and procedures in line with the BRC standard, and to ensure that the company is in compliance with all relevant legislation. Provide technical information guidance for products available to customers, completing information requests, and maintaining relevant databases.
Principal Functions / Responsibilities:
- Request for and update technical information from suppliers e.g. product specifications, certificates, policy documents etc
- Provide technical information to customers and internal team e.g. certificates, product specifications, allergen information, etc.
- Complete customer format questionnaires and online databases like Qadex, Food Connect, Erudus etc.
- Assist with updating internal systems with product information, maintaining the supplier approval database
- Assist with coordination and completion of customer complaints and supplier non-conformances relating to technical and quality matters
- Support with developing and maintaining the Quality Management System, including the implementation of BRC requirements
- Support with rolling out on new policies and procedures and ensuring records are completed and up-to-date
- Issuing Certificates of Analysis/Conformities, where required
- Support with other technical requirements such as audit preparation, traceability exercises, shelf life extension requests, filing of CoA etc.
- Assist in any other technical requirements and to deputise for the Technical Manager in their absence
The company reserves the right to vary or amend the duties and responsibilities of the post holder at anytime according to the needs of the Company’s business.
Skills / Experience:
- Proficient IT skills including MS Word, Excel, Outlook etc..
- The ability to communicate concisely and effectively with both suppliers and customers using both oral and written skills.
- Time management and an ability to plan and organise own workload.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a warm welcoming manner.
- Self-motivated with an ability to work under pressure and use initiative
- The applicant should have experience in food industry and preferably have an understanding of HACCP and food safety standards such as BRC.
Working Hours and Location:
Monday – Friday 09.00 – 17.00 (plus other times as requested by prior arrangement)
HB Ingredients, Cocoa House, Lewes, East Sussex, BN8 6JL (and other locations as required)