As a result of continued growth an exciting career opportunity within Quality as Laboratory Coordinator is available!
The business has continued on an exciting journey and has a great vision.
Laboratory is a vital part of the site and is waiting for somebody to take care of it!
* Maintaining contact with external laboratories, arranging external tests and maintaining the logbook.
* Review and maintain internal Laboratory Management System with all required standards and procedures in place.
* Coordinating all internal testing workload, conducting tests according to established methods and reporting to internal customers. Adapting and developing new methods when required.
* Ensuring laboratory equipment is at good working condition, calibration and verification checks are performed. Arranging servicing, repairs, replacement or new equipment if necessary.
*Maintaining contact with equipment and service providers.
* Purchase and manage laboratory consumables stocks in a resourceful manner.
* Regular review of existing methods. Performing or arranging verification tests. Training other quality team members in conducting tests safely.
* Working with Site Manager to ensure that all necessary risk assessments are in place. *Maintaining MSDS or COSH documents for laboratory chemicals.
* Degree in Food, Agriculture or similar area.
* Safety in the Lab awareness.
* Experience of work in laboratory environment.
* Experience at work with laboratory management system.
* Analytical thinking skills.
* Teamwork attitude.
* Ability to develop and maintain positive rapport with colleagues.
* Ability to communicate in a clear manner.
* Collecting, analyzing and reporting data skills.
* Ability to read scientific literature and apply the knowledge in the lab.
* Ability to challenge existing processes.
* Concern for maintaining standards.