Kaizen is recruiting a Shift Leader for an international food manufacturer established for over a century, with sites across Europe and over 5000 people.
Their food manufacturing plant in the heart of Worcestershire is ambitious, growing fast and is investing in their people and their facility. Having invested close to £15m on new equipment and automation they are increasing factory capacity and increasing shifts to cope with demand. They have created a new Shift Leader position to lead a new team to support the growth of the business and their move to a 4 on 4 off shift system 7 days a week.
As an engaging, people-orientated Shift Leader you will be involved in the hiring, training and development of a new team/shift. You will lead them as an engaged production team to achieve KPI's and drive a continuous improvement culture. Reporting to the Manufacturing Manager, you will play a key role in resource planning for the shift, and you will be the Senior Person on site during out of standard hours operations. You will be required to initially work a 3 shift pattern rotating weekly, before permanently moving to 4 on 4 off 24/7 once the team is in place.
Shift Leader responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Ensure efficient use of resources to deliver the production schedule.
- Review capabilities and develop multi-skilled team members.
- Manage and motivate the team through setting SMART performance and development objectives.
- Drive production to meet plan target, ensuring quality standards and safe operating procedures are followed.
- Drive agreed business improvement initiatives.
- Review adherence to SOP, recommending improvements where necessary.
- Instigate Kaizen improvement activity where improvement opportunity is identified.
- Drive the highest standards of hygiene and housekeeping/cleanliness.
- Ensure effective communication across the entire shift.
- Training and development ensuring all shift staff have received the appropriate induction and on the job training.
What we are looking for:
You are an experienced manager/supervisor with first-class people skills, who has a proven ability in leading successful production teams in fast moving manufacturing environments (experience in the food sector is a bonus but not a necessity).
Here’s a few things that we see as critical for someone to be successful in the role:
• A track record in empowering people and building a high performing team, coaching, leading, and motivating them to achieve targets.
• Proven in driving a Continuous Improvement/Lean manufacturing culture.
• Data-driven with a pro-active approach to problem solving.
• Outstanding communication skills.
• Positive can-do attitude with drive and tenacity to follow actions through.
What’s in it for you?
Our client is an innovative, forward-looking business that continues to make significant investment in the Worcestershire facility, allowing it to grow and securing its future. They believe in inspiring their people and encourage personal development and growth. They know that good people need challenge and variety, and they’re big enough to offer you enough challenges to last an entire career. They are always changing, growing and questioning, which is why so many people stay with them for so long.
The start date:
ASAP would be ideal
Are you the one we're looking for? Apply now for more information. The shortlist date is week commencing 8th November, so if you have not heard back from us before then please assume you have been unsuccessful.