Our client is one of Britain’s biggest listed food companies, where you will find their much- loved brands in 94% of British households. They seek a Production Manager within one of their subsidiary businesses who manufacture and sell on-branded beverages and dessert products.
Reporting directly to the Operations Manager, you will be fully accountable for the total performance of your department, across People and Operations management in additional to all matters concerning Safety, Quality and Hygiene.
• Leading and organising all production on site, your excellent knowledge and understanding of quality management, production and processes will ensure targets are achieved and customer orders are fully satisfied to the highest quality standards.
• Whilst working collaboratively with cross-functional stakeholders, day to day you will be driving continuous improvement, managing production schedules, presenting performance data, ensuring continual delivery of KPI’s, maximising resources and participating in support capital projects
• It is therefore essential you have a knowledge or either ERP or SAP, manufacturing methods and related equipment. In addition, you need to demonstrate experience of working in TPM and Lean Manufacturing environments.
• You will be utilizing your strong people leadership skills to manage and develop a multi-disciplined team. Driving the team’s performance by creating an environment that promotes trust and a willingness to succeed, you will be empowering them to achieve through formal PDR processes and ongoing coaching.
• Your experience of both recruiting new team members, as well as shaping and managing team structures and resources will ensure the factory is well placed to respond to current and future market demands.
• It is therefore essential you have a proven track record of driving a talent agenda and developing high performing teams, having achieved this experience as a Production Manager or equivalent supervisory level within a food manufacturing environment.
Safety, Quality, Hygiene
• In addition to conducting management audits and inspections contributing to the site H & S initiatives, for your team to achieve reduced accidents and increase near miss reporting, you will be leading and promoting behavioural awareness, whilst championing both the hazard identification (TOP’s) and risk assessment (ALARP) process.
• Working in partnership with the Quality team, of paramount importance is ensuring quality conformance on site and that right first time is at the forefront of all activities.
• It is therefore essential you have an excellent working knowledge and awareness of Health & Safety Legislation OHSAS 18001, IOSH Managing Safely and Food Hygiene Level 3. NEBOSH and HACCP Level 3 are desirable.
• 3 Week Shift Rota
• Wednesday-Friday 05:45-17:45 | WEEKEND OFF
• Monday-Tuesday 05:45-17:45 | Wednesday-Friday 17:45-05:45 | WEEKEND OFF
• Monday-Tuesday 17:45-05:45 | SEVEN DAYS OFF
• Person will be given 10 Saturday shifts per annum which fall in the Seven Day Off Slot and will be 05:45-17:45
Ref Code: FMW39832
Due to a high volume of responses, we cannot reply to each application individually. If you have not had a response within one week, we are sorry to say your application has not been successful on this occasion.